Engine bogs down (?) at a stop

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

kellynpath

Engine bogs down (?) at a stop

Postby kellynpath » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:36 am

2008. 99000 miles. After the Pathfinder warms up if I come to a stop, wait for 3-5 seconds, the motor then "bogs" down. Doesnt matter if I leave it in gear or put it in park. The whole vehicle vibrates, the battery gauge dips just a little bit, the tach dips just a tiny bit and then it goes back up to normal battery and normal idle and that vibration stops. It doesnt do it 100% of the time, but seems to depend on if Im driving 25mph in the city (doesnt do it most of the time when I come to a stop) vs 45mph on up, on back roads/expressway (does it almost all the time when I come to a stop). Dealership (ford) I got it from swore it was motor mounts, which I didnt agree with whatsoever, but they replaced them. Still doing it. Then they replaced the front brakes (again, I didnt agree with that but they replaced them anyways). Still doing it. Then we took to a Nissan dealership and they flashed the ECM. Still doing it. Nissan suggested timing guides were worn and causing this. Ford dealership replaced both timing chains, guides, tensioners-everything. STILL DOING IT. Runs and sounds great otherwise. Does seem to start at a high idle when its cold but once warmed up, it goes down to normal idle so doenst seem to be the idle setting to me? I do not know what to do next? Any thoughts.

BlueTJMCRT

Postby BlueTJMCRT » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 am

Same here. 2008 Pathfinder. Have 120,000 on it and it's done it since I bought it at 65,000. Have been told it's "normal" for these.....

jhg120

Postby jhg120 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:55 am

I noticed my 2011 did this when when I was at a STOP with the a/c on, as the compressor would turn on and drain the system, battery gauge would dip, but return to normal after it vibrated the entire truck.

I then got a Bully Dog and raised the idle RPM by 100, and the issue has been completely resolved.

Nissan will also adjust the idle RPM for about $75, quote I received in Raleigh.

Worth a shot.

LessThanZero

Postby LessThanZero » Tue May 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Wasn't this due to some weird engine mount issue?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”