Oil leak on rocker cover

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Mscowley

Oil leak on rocker cover

Postby Mscowley » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:29 am

Hi all I have a issue with my 2007 pathfinder 2.5dci the injector nearest to bulkhead has a oil leak between the rocker cover and the injector Nissan are telling me I need to buy the whole rocker cover as you can't buy just the seals is this true as I've seen a how to and he just replaced the seals but didn't say where he got the seal from

Cheers Matt

labsy

Postby labsy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:37 am

Maybe Nissan dealers really cannot get rocker cover gasket separately, but I have also found it on ebay, either separately for 10 or 15 bucks, or as a part of whole engine rebuild gasket kit.
Btw...are you sure rocker cover gasket is leaking? There is almost no pressure there, so it should have been really hard broken to leak.

Mscowley

Postby Mscowley » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:15 am

Hi Nissan have supplied the parts to the garage that's doing the job but they've done a modification to the rocker cover which requireds other parts that bolt on the back of the engine to accommodate the mod rocker at my expense has anyone heard of this
Cheers Matt

labsy

Postby labsy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Modification of rocker/valve cover? Hmmm....do you have any pics of this mod?
I know about mod of air intake manifold (adding spacer to increase volume), but what could be modded to valve cover, I don't know.

Mscowley

Postby Mscowley » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:30 am

The new rocker cover is longer and a lot thicker around the gasket and fixing points I had to have new bolts new gasket and a new Ali cover at the back of the head to allow for the new cover, parts cost £387 labour was £100
To look at you cant tell the difference so don't really understand why nissan have done a mod to it

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”