Radiator replaced, transmission failure still an issue?

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

dmcgonagil

Radiator replaced, transmission failure still an issue?

Postby dmcgonagil » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:06 pm

I have a 2009 SE V6 w/ 107000 miles on it. From my understanding reading up on this and other forums is the issue with the transmission failure is that the radiator is faulty and leaks fluid into the transmission line that is run to the radiator.

My question is, if I had the radiator replaced a year an a half ago (due to outside elements and a puncture on the front of the radiator) would the faulty radiator issue even be a problem for me? Or is there another element involved that would still cause even the new radiator to leak into the transmission?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:41 pm

It shouldn't be. The issue was a failed seal in the cooler inside the bottom tank of the radiator in the Calsonic-made, factory installed radiators. While there is a remote possibility that any radiator integral cooler could potentially fail and cause contamination, those instances are usually pretty rare on the norm.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”