V8 Pathfinder DC Metro

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

MANIMAL

V8 Pathfinder DC Metro

Postby MANIMAL » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Good evening,

I've had a Frontier for a few years now and would occasionally visit this and other Pathfinder forums based on the similarities of the platforms. I still have that truck which introduced me to Nissan, but I've now also picked up a used V8 to take over daily driver duties. I'll have to figure out how to upload pics, but it may very well be one that some of you would recognize. It had 4 previous owners and there were some goodies that I inherited with the purchase. Anyway, I have already swapped out a good chunk of the rear suspension (only the aftermarket springs and shocks remain) due to the camber bolts being seized. That was a chore and a half. I'm looking to set this up for tow duty and maybe some family expeditions. Thanks for allowing me in and for hosting such a great resource for information on these trucks.

-will

Lit

Postby Lit » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Your post sounds way too familiar.... That is what I did about 8 months ago....

I have had my 08 Frontier for 8 years now and about 8 months ago I purchased my V8 Path for towing duties and additional passenger seating. I too replaced the rear suspension (Upper and Lower Control Arms, alignment bolts, shocks, springs, hubs, swaybar end-links, and cross-member). While I was at it, I went ahead and swapped in some QX56 front and rear differentials for 3.36 gearing and added some rear airbags for towing.

Love the V8 power :-)

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”