Remote start accessory option from nissan?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

90turbo1

Remote start accessory option from nissan?

Postby 90turbo1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:36 pm

So we just purchased a 2016 Pathfinder S. We wana add remote start. Its in the Dealer brochure with a note saying vehicle programming required.

I was a BMW master tech for past 10 years, worked at Nissan in past (about 13 years ago now).

I can install the accessory myself, but I was wondering if anyone else on here has had the Nissan remote option added to there pathfinder.

I mean can the unit be installed then driven to a dealership for programming?

The Dealership we purchased it from tried to tell me that the factory Nissan Car starter is not very good, and that they actually send them to a aftermarket shop for a astro-start or such aftermarket system. I do not want any more key fob things on my key chain. Plus I love the remote that came with the pathfinder and the system from Nissan comes with two new remotes with car start button on them but same shape.

90turbo1

Postby 90turbo1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 am

Well I figured out what comes in the kit. two new remotes with engine start function buttons on them. thats it.

Apparently the vehicle comes with the remote start installed just needs to be released (turned on) using the nissan programming system and then pair two new remotes....

anyone have this installed?

Return to “R52 General Chat”