All mode or shift on the fly transmission

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

mactastic

All mode or shift on the fly transmission

Postby mactastic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Let me start by saying I am brand new to the pathfinder world, well the Nissan world too for that matter, so please don't kill me for this post.

I know this has been talked about a lot but I can't seem to find a answer so.....

How do I tell if my 2005 Pathfinder XE 4x4 has a "all mode" transmission or a "shift on the fly" transmission?

I bought it cheap because the previous owner realized the dreaded radiator/oil cooler mix had happened and his transmission was starting to fail so he left it setting for 3 years.

I have got it back running and it will still move around the driveway fine so I am going to try to re route the oil cooler lines to by-pass the radiator and do a good transmission flush to see if I can save it.

But if that doesn't work (which I know it's not likely it will) I have been looking at used transmissions but they all ask if mine is all mode or shift on the fly and I can't figure out how to tell.

Any help would be appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:45 pm

"AUTO Mode" was only available on the LE model, so, being an XE, you don't have it. Another way to tell is to look at the drive selector knob. The "AUTO Mode" transfer case equipped models has "AUTO" on the selector knob right after 2WD and before 4H.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:49 am

mactastic

Postby mactastic » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 am

ok thank you

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”