mudflaps

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

mudflaps

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:48 am

Okay, I can now confidently say that the OEM mudflaps/guards are pure crap. I have had a few buildup problems with muck before, and always questioned the reason these things are cupped (in shape) on the interior. Over the holidays, we had snow like everyone else. One of the mornings I went to take a drive and noticed that my wheel wells were completely filled with ice. My front tires were frozen solid inside the wells, so I had to pull out a screwdriver & rockpick to chip away all of the ice and snow. I've had a number of mornings in the past when I've had to chip away large chunks to safely drive (and be able to turn), but never had everything frozen solid around the tires. That stupid cup at the bottom of the flaps needs to go. Has anyone replaced their OEM flaps with something else, like maybe a normal/flat rubber flap? I'm pretty sure one of these days I'll end up knocking off one of the flaps when I'm chipping away at all the ice.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:27 pm

sux NVS...be interested to hear what other have to say.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:56 pm

yea, I had to kick all the snow buildup out of them every time I got home , so It would be less water in the garage ....

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 am

The OEM ones are just crap... i've had the snow build up problem now too. If you're going to kick them free of snow, don't kick too hard or too often... cause they crack very easily. Both of the front wheel well ones are cracked, and that was just from a few times i've kicked them knocking the snow out. Probably best just to pry them out, which is a pain in the a$$.

Have a good new years everyone...!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”