Key Fob/Remote Start/Radio

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

bradley8302

Key Fob/Remote Start/Radio

Postby bradley8302 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello all! New Pathfinder owner here. I had this issue happen earlier today. Got in the car and all the channels I'd just set literally 2 days before(b/c we just got the car) were gone.

Yesterday afternoon I was cleaning up our other vehicle to get it ready to sell and grabbed the key to the Pathfinder to move some things to it. The key I grabbed was not the key I have been using, and that was being used when I set the presets the other day. I don't remember ever starting the car, but might have just to test out the remote start(b/c I didn't have that on our other car). Could this be why the presets reset on me? I know the previous owner only used one set of the keys, and the other just sat in a drawer until we got the car, so there was likely nothing saved on it.

Just got in the car to go to lunch today and started using the ignition button and all the presets I had set 2 days ago were back. Is it possible that remote starting using the key fob has one set of presets, the other key fob has another set of presets, and using the ignition button has a 3rd set?

From the brief bit of reading that I've done, I understand that different things can essentially be saved to each key, including the preset radio stations. Is there some kind of manual that I can access to do this, or does the car just pick up these things as I drive? I don't currently have the manual to the car as the previous owner had it at their work office when I picked up the car.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to learning more about this car.

Return to “R52 Electrical”