Rear Bumper

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

socal4x

Rear Bumper

Postby socal4x » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I recall a post on here not too long ago that the Xterra has the same basic mounting configuration as the Pathfinder bumper.

I'd like to put on a Shrockworks bumper. Has anyone tried this or had experience with it. My rear bumper cover is thrashed. Right now I have 3M grip tread covering some gouges...

socal4x

Bumper

Postby socal4x » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:17 pm

My current bumper fix.

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:21 pm

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:28 pm

I think the problem right now is how to handle the left and right ends of the OEM bumper. The SW Xterra rear is just the center section, as the Xterra has a 2 piece OEM bumper. This being said, you would have to cut the center section off of the OEM Pathy bumper cover. Until I see it in person, I'm not convinced this could be done easily to be made to look good. The newer Pathys have a slightly different rear bumper cover that matches the 2 lower corners of the rear door. On mine these are curves, while the new Pathy's have straight angles. These would be a lot easier to "cap", or even cover up by attaching larger plates on the ends of the SW bumper.

I'd like to see a SW Pathy full rear bumper that includes the lower rear quarter panels. It'd be nice too, to see a step like the Xterra has incorporated into it. Full metal wrap-around design, multiple recover points, spare tire relocation, increased departure angle and a mounting base for additional add-ons and an integrated rear step. How nice the thought!

Npath

Re: Bumper

Postby Npath » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 pm

socal4x wrote:My current bumper fix.

What's that on your bumper... anti-slip tape?

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:39 am

You got it...3M anti slip tape...sold in different width rolls (I got the 12") at www.mcmaster.com, or any industrial supply outlet. I had a hole (don't ask) and a gouge from backing into a rock outcropping. I sanded the bumper flat then stuck the tape on....it kinda has a bedliner look to it. I was considering taking the whole thing off and taking it to line-x or something, but the end cost would be near that of the shrock bumper.

I am now considering a different route, maybe the shrock with a line-x combo or something....

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”