'06 Starting Problem

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

geoffstgermaine

'06 Starting Problem

Postby geoffstgermaine » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:15 pm

I tried a search and found a few starting problems, but nothing that's matching my problem.

I have an '06 LE. Thursday night it wouldn't start. I had run the gas down far lower than normal on Wednesday (nearly empty) and filled it up Wednesday night. The truck was driven 24 km on Thursday morning and afternoon with no problems. The truck will crank and crank but will not start. Initially I thought it might be a frozen fuel line, but it's been +5°C for two days and it is still doing the same thing.

I tried doing what is referred to in the manual for the case where it won't start, namely resetting the ignition for the registered key and holding the accelerator for 5-6 seconds for a flood. Neither did anything. After I'd let it sit for about a day between each start it would get a detonation or two at the start of the cranking and then nothing.

The truck also has a command start module in it, so some suspicion is on that, though I'm not sure that could be the issue.

At this point I'm starting to think it's a fuel pump issue, but I'm far from a mechanic, so I'm looking for any advice anyone can give before I get it towed into a dealer.

Thanks.

Edit: I also checked if I was having a problem with the immobilizer, and the key symbol disappears with the two chipped keys and remains with my unchipped key, so it appears to be working properly

Garrett

Could be the key

Postby Garrett » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:48 pm

I had a problem like this. My truck would start on like the third turn of the key. Dealer had to reprogram the chip in the keys at $50. Hope that helps.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”