door seals

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

door seals

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 am

I've noticed this since day one, but I always forget about it until I take a road trip. When driving along the highways or freeways, with a bit of wind outside, air will blow in through the upper door seals (kind of around the window). It doesn't happen all the time & seems to only happen when outside wind conditions/direction is just right, but it gets really loud. Happens with both the driver & passenger front doors. Anyone else notice this? I'm going to mention it when I drop it off at my dealer tomorrow, but I doubt they'll care.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 am

Can you tell if it's coming from the window seal or the door seal? I recently replaced the window regulator on my Accord and the window seal wasn't quite the same as before. I had to fine tune the regulator mounting screws to make the seal just right.

I just took a road trip in the Pathfinder through some windy areas (I'm working on the write up for the road trip section right now) and I did hear some wind noise when there were strong gusts, but I never felt anything.

Have you looked at the door seals to see if any of yours are missing or loose? That's the only way the dealer will care. If it's just a bad design then they probably won't do much other than report it to Nissan.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am

i do a lot of driving on the open highways up here in North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota areas. the freakin wind is constantly blowing in North Dakota.

i have noticed door seal issues as well. it is the door seal, not the window seal. in anything above a 20 mph winds at highway speeds, the howl is noticeable in every way, and the air movement through the seal is recognizable. in fact i had a passenger comment that he thought his door was left open a tad (we were driving through a certifiable blizzard at the time).

there is no noticeable missing or loose portions of the stripping. it almost seems as though the door is not properly aligned in the hinge.

has anyone else seen or heard of this issue?

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

well iv heard it once and that was when a very high wind gust hit the truck, my windshield lets out this very loud whistle at 100 when its cold out but it goes away over 105, Iv also notice on the out side of the truck there is black gel like substance coming from the wind shield.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Sven1olaf wrote: i have noticed door seal issues as well. it is the door seal, not the window seal. in anything above a 20 mph winds at highway speeds, the howl is noticeable in every way, and the air movement through the seal is recognizable. in fact i had a passenger comment that he thought his door was left open a tad (we were driving through a certifiable blizzard at the time).
Exactly the same with me. I've noticed that if I reach up and squeeze the door to the body with my left hand, I can stop some of the wind. The other spot that it really comes in at is the front corner, right where the slant of the window meets the vertical of the door. If I pull back just a small bit of the seal while driving, it sounds like a hair dryer.

I'm not expecting anything from the dealer. I think I'll just be adding in some additional seals when I get the chance.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:52 pm

me&pathy wrote:... my windshield lets out this very loud whistle at 100 when its cold out but it goes away over 105
:shock: Is this km/h or mph?

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 pm

AZ_Path wrote:
me&pathy wrote:... my windshield lets out this very loud whistle at 100 when its cold out but it goes away over 105
:shock: Is this km/h or mph?

in mph the pathy will do it no problem wanted to see how it did with the new tires.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:33 am

Yeh the pathy will do 100 MPH no problem, ive taken mine to 170 KMPH roughly round the 107 MPH mark..

odermann

Postby odermann » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Speed is electronically limited at 115mph.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”