Interested in a 08 Sentra

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

viprit

Interested in a 08 Sentra

Postby viprit » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:11 am

My poor, poor 99 Accord sh** the bed and the transmission died last month. It's a huge stroke of luck I have some money to buy a new vehicle. I've happened upon this lil '08 Sentra near me, dark blue. Everything seems fine I'm having my mechanic check it out tomorrow with the seller. Sarkari Result Pnr Status Showbox

Anything I should be on the lookout for? This guy is 2nd owner, he says no mechanical issues, no accidents. I'm running a CarFax after my mechanic clears it. I only have a little money and I will be beyond broke and royally SOL if this thing shits the bed too. I will no zero dollars after this

Just need advice what to look for. Not very familiar with vehicles. Any extra questions I should be asking???

2008 Nissan Sentra 160kmiles, 2 owners. Claiming no issues or accidents in past 5 years. Automatic transmission

Also, wtf is a CVT trasmission? I'm a little familiar with Hondas otherwise no idea what I'm looking at ..also wtf would my insurance go up? GEICO says it is not due to age of vehicle, I've had no driving record issues since I was last insured, so I dont understand.
Last edited by viprit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 am

We had an 01' Sentra that blew the headgasket, so I sidelined it and rebuilt the engine from the head up. As we have kids coming up soon to learn how to drive it seemed like the ideal car.

My Wife wanted something simple and easy to drive, we were torn between a Mazda 3 and Hyundai Sonata. My Wife said she didn't want another Sentra and she didn't want a blue one. Well there was this one on my way to work that had been sitting for awhile out front of the guys house for months so, we popped in and my Wife fell in love with it. It was simple, easy to drive, mag rims, spoiler, electric Blue in colour, cvt transmission. All services done! It was perfect.
It has just over 100000 kms on it now and drives like it's on rails. Love it. It took me awhile to get used to the CVT Transmission but, once you get used to it you don't even think about it.

You'll love it! 30 MPG you can't go wrong!!!!

Count

Hi

Postby Count » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:35 am

Is the 2007/2008 Nissan Sentra a reliable car?
I am looking for a used car preferiably under 10,000 but i can probably go a little over. I can get a Ketogenic Valley Keto used nissan sentra for around that price, but is it a reliable car. Should I get an older nissan altima? https://kennerregional.com/ketogenic-valley-keto/
Last edited by Count on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am

The Sentra, is solid and been around for years!! Its a simple car to work on, and so good on fuel. My 01' get's 30 mpg and our 2012 gets 28 MPG...

Go for it. They are truly nothing flashy but, they reliable, simple commuter cars!!!

Return to “General Automotive”