4wd abs esp off lights turns on at same time

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

gorkem_gokay

4wd abs esp off lights turns on at same time

Postby gorkem_gokay » Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Dear r51 owners
I have a quick question 4WD ABS ESP OFF light turns on at the same time.
Before the ignition 4wd lights off after a 2~3 km 4wd lights turn on.
Tire pressure is ok
Brake fluid level is ok
I am avay from city center.
Here is the deal am I in big trouble or so far so God :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat May 11, 2019 2:40 am

You need to get the codes read. FYI, if the ECM senses an engine management issue, it will disable traction control and turn on the ABS/SLIP/VDC warning lights, so, you should start by checking the powertrain "P" codes. If you see cam position or crank position codes or similar, address that issue first and see if the warning lights go off. If not, you'll have to get the "C" codes read using a capable scan tool. Improper charging voltage can also cause warning lights to come on, as well as trigger multiple codes.

gorkem_gokay

Postby gorkem_gokay » Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Thanks for detailed information but it was just a sensor cable issue
i have the same problem with this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKvdBq-U9PA

smj999smj wrote:You need to get the codes read. FYI, if the ECM senses an engine management issue, it will disable traction control and turn on the ABS/SLIP/VDC warning lights, so, you should start by checking the powertrain "P" codes. If you see cam position or crank position codes or similar, address that issue first and see if the warning lights go off. If not, you'll have to get the "C" codes read using a capable scan tool. Improper charging voltage can also cause warning lights to come on, as well as trigger multiple codes.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”