Falken WildPeak AT3's

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Rogue9

Falken WildPeak AT3's

Postby Rogue9 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Anyone running these?

Seem very popular on the light off roading crowd.
I don't do any but I do travel gravel/back roads so I'd like a tire with some teeth.
I honestly haven't seen much in the way of bad things to be said about them.
Wear isn't fantastic but if I can get 4-5 years of use out of them I'll be satisfied.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:41 am

They're a pretty good tire for the price they typically sell at.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:54 am

The XTerra and 4runner guys seem to like them.

And those vehicles are very similar to ours in configuration angles and the like.
Their weights also bracket our (Xterra lighter than R51, 4Runner heavier)
So I consider it a good recommendation.

The Hankook Dynapros ATM PF are also popular on this forum.

RedZeppelin

Postby RedZeppelin » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:15 am

I've had them for about 1.5 years now and have nothing but good things to say about their off-road performance. They air down very well and can handle any type of terrain easily.

That being said I do wish that I had done some more consideration before buying them, since the size I got (LT285/75R17) was way too much for my needs. I ended up needing to trim the fenders a great deal and they still rub the frame at full steering lock. They weigh a ton and the sidewalls are incredibly stiff so daily driving is not as enjoyable.

Even with a full radflo suspension, they have damn near shaken the car to pieces on washboards and have dropped my mpgs to about 15 on average. I really like the size and appearance though. Most of my complaints would probably be null if I had gone with a P-rated tire instead of an LT.

My point is do your research about intended use.

SuperTom

Re: Falken WildPeak AT3's

Postby SuperTom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Rogue9 wrote:Anyone running these?

Seem very popular on the light off roading crowd.
I don't do any but I do travel gravel/back roads so I'd like a tire with some teeth.
I honestly haven't seen much in the way of bad things to be said about them.
Wear isn't fantastic but if I can get 4-5 years of use out of them I'll be satisfied.
Love mine. Had them on an XJ. Just purchased for my pathfinder. Went with 265/70/18 which comes to about 32.6". One of the few sizes that came in Passenger sizes (as opposed to LT build). Plus are snow rated, not as costly as others and nice big side protectors

Mounted on American Racing AR933. Went with 18s because I Plan on adding the Armada big brakes up front and didn't want clearance.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”