Form Moderation

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Form Moderation

Postby RacerZX » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:13 pm

As the regular form members know well, I've been extremely busy with work and life in general for quite some time, and moderation and management of TheNissanPath.com has found it's self much neglected.

At the same time, our membership has grown tremendously, it's about to hit 1K, and our Google page ranks are excellent. Therefore to usher in the next stage in our happy little forum's development, it's time for me to give my inner control freak a rest and get some help.

So, here's my plan... I want 3 moderators to form The Cabal Of The Path who will work together to run the forum. To choose these 3 people we'll do this democratic style and hold an election. I'll post a poll this weekend with the top 5 posting users (excluding my self and Gray), plus any other regulars who would like to be nominated or who you'd like to nominate (Triffid? MonkeyMike? GuinnessJim? Ragpaoa? SilverGhost?) .

If you're one of the top 5 posters and do NOT want to be in the election just let me know and I'll pull your name. Moderating takes time and commitment, especially when moderating by committee, so no hard feelings at all if you're not interested.

We'll wait until the end of Monday to catch people who only get online at work to cast their votes if they wish and then the top 3 are elected. The Cabal will pretty much run things as they like, I honestly don't have time to log into the forum more than once every few weeks, but I'm sure it'll be in good (better!) hands.

Any questions/complaints/suggestions?

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Carl. I would be more than happy to help with TNP family.
:D
Last edited by Captain on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Without Gray or I, the top 5 most active posters are:

Blink32
NVSteve
Boogyman
Fofiddy
Captian Caveman

If anybody wants on or off the list raise your hand....

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:59 am

Carl, I'd be happy to help......... Triffid

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 am

RacerZX wrote: If anybody wants on or off the list raise your hand....
Better scratch me off. I don't think I'll have the time, especially since the summer months are the busiest for me at work, home, play, etc. I check the site a few times a day, but only for a minute or two when I have the time. I just don't think I'd have the time, especially on a consistent basis.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:19 am

No problem Steve, totally understand. Wish I had as much time for road trips as you do!

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 am

I'm good with being thrown into the candidate pool. I'm only wondering if who ever is chosen will be responsible for a set of sub-forums or just share the responsibilities across all of them?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:57 am

I'll leave that up to the Cabal, however they want to handle it.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

blink32 wrote:I'm good with being thrown into the candidate pool. I'm only wondering if who ever is chosen will be responsible for a set of sub-forums or just share the responsibilities across all of them?
well, since i was mentioned in the original post, i may as well toss in my opinion...

i would say the non-regional sub-forums be moderated by committee... and the regional sub-forums be moderated by one or two "locals". this board doesnt really have the high activity levels that would require individuals to focus on one or two sub-forums. if we were seeing hundreds of posts per day, it might make sense to give moderators only one or two sub-forums to watch over.

my own browsing habits are generally to read every new post in the non-regional sub-forums, but only skim through the regional sub-forums that don't apply to me.

oh, and if i need to help moderate, i would probably be able to do it.

~mike

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I agree with mike. moderate all forums together

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 am

Moderate all forums together.....

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 am

Sorry, was totally swamped all weekend, will get that poll up soon. See, I'm too busy! :lol:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:17 am

Are all of the new mods set up yet? Any ideas for getting some more interaction/involvement on the forum? Captain Caveman had a few ideas to stir up the pot a bit, but I haven't seen anything posted in the major threads. Now, with over 1,000 members, you'd think we'd see a bit more activity. Not over the top "Gray" type activity, but activity nonetheless.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Carl has up graded me to Admin levels but I still do not have access.. I still want to do the POTM contest with some type of prize (at no cost to TNP) I'm thinking of having a POTM page so when you type in TNP.com you get this page with a link to the forum. ( something of this. ) Just waiting on Carl. Its OK since we all know that his time is limited. I'm sure this will take time to get going. Please be patient.

The Nissan Path.[/i]

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”