Weathertech

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

User avatar
SilverGhost
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am
Location: Houston, TX

Ordered the W/T Cargo Liner

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:54 am

I specifically wanted the WeatherTech cargo liner for three reasons:

1. I personally like the appearance of it, compared to the Husky brand.

2. I prefer W/T's two-piece design that allows a portion of the liner to be used with the third row seat up.

3. The two-piece design makes it easier to store when I don't want to use it at all.

I found the WeatherTech liner for $113 shipped! That's about twenty bucks cheaper than most everybody sells it and very little more than Husky prices I found.

I'll post again once it's delivered to me.
Last edited by SilverGhost on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
blink32
Sponsored Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 am
Location: World Traveler

Postby blink32 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:25 am

It'll be nice to see how the two piece interlocks (or doesn't) so post pics when you get yours. I'd like a small size liner for behind the 3rd row when the seats are up. I looked at the weathertech one and it doesn't look like there is any kind of significant lip where the two pieces would meet. Which would make using the small one buy its-self a risky venture if there are any liquids involved.

User avatar
SilverGhost
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:42 am

blink32 wrote:I looked at the weathertech one and it doesn't look like there is any kind of significant lip where the two pieces would meet. Which would make using the small one buy its-self a risky venture if there are any liquids involved.
Yep, I noticed the same thing. I'll repost when it gets here.

User avatar
SilverGhost
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby SilverGhost » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:16 pm

SilverGhost wrote:Yep, I noticed the same thing. I'll repost when it gets here.
My W/T CargoLiner still hasn't been delivered. And, my online vendor, TruckAddOns.com, has a stated policy of not checking order status until after 10 shipping days. That means it'll be Tuesday, Jan 23, before I call them.

In their defense, however, I'm inclined to believe that all vendor orders are drop-shipped from WeatherTech, so the vendor's hands are pretty much tied. The day prior to ordering, I DID confirm with W/T that they had this item in stock.

I'll post pics as soon as I receive it.

User avatar
blink32
Sponsored Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 am
Location: World Traveler

Postby blink32 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Still lookin forward to this. :P)

User avatar
Fofiddy
Moderator
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: New England

Postby Fofiddy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:37 pm

Found a set of the W/T dark rain guards on E bay for $45. Great looking set, only problem is I have to wait till it breaks 50F till I can install them :x

User avatar
blink32
Sponsored Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 am
Location: World Traveler

Postby blink32 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:30 pm

Fofiddy wrote:Found a set of the W/T dark rain guards on E bay for $45. Great looking set, only problem is I have to wait till it breaks 50F till I can install them :x
Dang, 45 front and back or just fronts? Either way still a good deal.

User avatar
Fofiddy
Moderator
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: New England

Postby Fofiddy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:53 pm

$45 for all 4 and it was a buy it now. Private seller, he bought the weathertech and the Nissan VVs and decided he liked the Nissan ones better... never even installed the weathertechs... I couldn't pass it up.

User avatar
blink32
Sponsored Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 am
Location: World Traveler

Postby blink32 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:03 am

Fofiddy wrote:I couldn't pass it up.
You'll have to post a pic!

amr40509
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Postby amr40509 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:14 am

SilverGhost wrote:
SilverGhost wrote:Yep, I noticed the same thing. I'll repost when it gets here.
My W/T CargoLiner still hasn't been delivered. And, my online vendor, TruckAddOns.com, has a stated policy of not checking order status until after 10 shipping days. That means it'll be Tuesday, Jan 23, before I call them.

In their defense, however, I'm inclined to believe that all vendor orders are drop-shipped from WeatherTech, so the vendor's hands are pretty much tied. The day prior to ordering, I DID confirm with W/T that they had this item in stock.

I'll post pics as soon as I receive it.
TruckAddOns.com actually began life as TrailBlazers, they are actually located about 5min from my house. Seem to be be nice folks. Not that this is at all on topic, just a random comment.

User avatar
Fofiddy
Moderator
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: New England

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:53 pm

blink32 wrote:You'll have to post a pic!
It might be a while, it finally decided to become winter in New England...
Well at least I get to hang out in Aspen CO till the 30th, the scenery will distract me from thinking of putting the weatherguards on.

User avatar
SilverGhost
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm

Fofiddy wrote: the scenery will distract me from thinking of putting the weatherguards on.
I feel your pain . . .

User avatar
SilverGhost
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am
Location: Houston, TX

CargoLiner

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:08 pm

Finally got the W/T Cargo Liner today. Found out it had been sitting in our Mgmt Office for a week. Damn those lazy FedEx drivers who won't leave delivery notices! Anyhow, it looks really good. The color is darker than the Nissan rubber floor mats I just bought, but it looks fine in the cargo area. I'll wait a coupla days to take pics until it flattens out from being rolled up in the box.

<b>blink32</b> -The way the lip is designed looks like it would probably contain anything short of a very large spill. There's actually a 3/8" lip on each of the two sections, and they kinda/sorta interlock. Not sure how tightly they will hold until the thing flattens more. This is a crude representation of the interlock --

Image
Last edited by SilverGhost on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blink32
Sponsored Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 am
Location: World Traveler

Postby blink32 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 pm

Ahh, very nice. Glad you finally got them. And I agree, that type of overlap should contain all but the worst spills. Congrats!

rodg
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:13 am
Location: San Ramon, CA

Re: CargoLiner

Postby rodg » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:55 am

SilverGhost wrote:Finally got the W/T Cargo Liner today. Found out it had been sitting in our Mgmt Office for a week. Damn those lazy FedEx drivers who won't leave delivery notices! Anyhow, it looks really good. The color is darker than the Nissan rubber floor mats I just bought, but it looks fine in the cargo area. I'll wait a coupla days to take pics until it flattens out from being rolled up in the box.

<b>blink32</b> -The way the lip is designed looks like it would probably contain anything short of a very large spill. There's actually a 3/8" lip on each of the two sections, and they kinda/sorta interlock. Not sure how tightly they will hold until the thing flattens more. This is a crude representation of the interlock --

Image
Lay it flat under the sun and it will flatten out in a few minutes. I like mine too. Had a couple of liquid spills already and the W/T liner did the job.


Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”