Front motor Mount

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Gn22

Front motor Mount

Postby Gn22 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:19 am

Hi, need to replace my Front motor Mount what is a good brand 2008 Nissan pathfinder 4.0
thank you.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:36 pm

If you are looking for a stock replacement, genuine Nissan is the best option. Right now on Amazon they have P/N 11220-1PE0B for $65.94 each, which is the genuine Nissan part and about half of the price from the dealer. But hurry because they are showing only two left. Right and left sides are the same part number:

https://www.amazon.com/OEM-Nissan-11220 ... automotive

If I was purchasing from Rockauto, I'd likely go with either Westar # EM9506 or Beck~Arnley # 1042177.

If you are looking for polyurethane mounts, 4x4parts.com has an option:

https://www.4x4parts.com/i-23898589-eng ... tab-decrip

Gn22

Postby Gn22 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:55 pm

thank you smj999 just ordered them @amazon

janesharp

Postby janesharp » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:54 am

smj999smj wrote:If you are looking for a stock replacement, genuine Nissan is the best option. Right now on Amazon they have P/N 11220-1PE0B for $65.94 each, which is the genuine Nissan part and about half of the price from the dealer. But hurry because they are showing only two left. Right and left sides are the same part number:

If I was purchasing from Rockauto, I'd likely go with either Westar # EM9506 or Beck~Arnley # 1042177.

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

ikulichkin

Re:

Postby ikulichkin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:13 pm

smj999smj wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:36 pm
If you are looking for a stock replacement, genuine Nissan is the best option. Right now on Amazon they have P/N 11220-1PE0B for $65.94 each, which is the genuine Nissan part and about half of the price from the dealer. But hurry because they are showing only two left. Right and left sides are the same part number:

Hi SMJ,

Do you think there is a substantial difference between OEM NIssan Mounts and something like Westar and Beck-arnley?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Front motor Mount

Postby smj999smj » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:20 pm

I really don't... While I'm not a huge fan of Anchor brand mounts, Westar, Beck~Arnley and even SKP are all pretty good. Beck~Arnley oftens just repackages OEM parts, so there's a chance they may be the same manufacturer as the Nissan mounts.

ikulichkin

Postby ikulichkin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Wow, thank you. That’s what it seems like to me.
I see all these posts online that only oem mounts are good and everything else is garbage, and it just seems weird.
You got all of these great manufacturers doing all kind of complex parts, but when it comes to mounts they suddenly become bad. After all mount is mostly quality rubber and few pieces of metal.

Anyways, I found transmission mount on eBay for $78 total with shipping from well established seller. I figured it’s worth it. But will probably go with rockauto for the other two, since I can’t find Nissan made cheaper than $100.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:08 pm

There's one other detail, the stock and exact copy motor mounts are fluid-filled and will eventually fail.

I went solid polyurethane from PRG via 4x4parts and I've never looked back...

ikulichkin

Postby ikulichkin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:07 am

ShipFixer,
How's your vibrations? What would you compare them to?

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:28 pm

ikulichkin wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:07 am
ShipFixer,
How's your vibrations? What would you compare them to?
It's not bad. I was expecting a lot more, honestly. There was a little more noticeable vibration at idle sometimes but that's about it. More importantly, my engine does not move significantly when I hit the gas, and there was a lot of improvement in initial acceleration with throttle tip in. My mounts are about eight years old now and the engine doesn't move any more than it did when I first installed them.

ikulichkin

Postby ikulichkin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 am

ShipFixer wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:28 pm

It's not bad. I was expecting a lot more, honestly. There was a little more noticeable vibration at idle sometimes but that's about it. More importantly, my engine does not move significantly when I hit the gas, and there was a lot of improvement in initial acceleration with throttle tip in. My mounts are about eight years old now and the engine doesn't move any more than it did when I first installed them.
That doesn't sound too bad, but since i'm realtor and have to drive back ad forth many times a day I'm afraid it can get too much. I'd love to give it an extra push to accelerate, but I guess not until i get something else for everyday use.

Did you change it yourself or had a mechanic do it?

ikulichkin

Postby ikulichkin » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 am

Hey folks,
My mechanic just gave me a quote of $875 to change motor mounts and transmission mount. They said labor wise it’s 1 hour for transmission mount and 6 hours for motor mounts because there is a front axle from 4wd. $125/hour.
Do you guys think it’s normal?

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Well...maybe. When most people do their motor mounts, they don't change the rear one, which is the part that would be really tough in a 4WD. I don't know if it's fluid filled or not (SMJ might know). The vast majority of people only change the right and left hand units. In fact that's all that comes in the PRG kit and others.

The two side motor mounts are subjected to engine torque and I think bear most of the weight. When you do the motor mount test (see how much the motor moves when you tap the gas pedal...there are Frontier and XTerra videos on Youtube that demonstrate it) you can see why they would fail over time. The rear mount just isn't subjected to the same intermittent force loads.

Anyway, I'd ask him about just doing the right and left mounts (page EM 104 in the full service manual). I want to say it took me two or three hours, and I probably could have done it in a lot less if it hadn't have been the first time.

Quick Google check, this is the first video that came up and it shows all of the important parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR2Uqrcgr_o

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 pm

According to RepairPal.com/estimator, trans mount, parts and labor, ranges from $241-$341. Engine mount (one side), parts and labor, is $305-$448. That estimate is for the Lynchburg, VA, area, so it may be higher if one lives in an area of higher costs, like California or NY/NJ.

ikulichkin

Postby ikulichkin » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm

ShipFixer,
Well, that's weird.
He told me it's the front mounts that take 6 hours to do, because front axle from 4wd needs to be disconnected or something.
the rear(transmission) mount supposedly fairly fast and only one hour of labor.
I did check the engine for movement before deciding to fix it. It was moving pretty bad...

SMJ,
I usually try to get my own parts, as I have had bad experiences with mechanics putting garbage that fails shortly after. But if I take the labor costs and sum them up for all three, then it comes down to $580.

Anyways, I did it today already, he gave me a discount and charged $700. maybe he overcharged. I don't know, but the truck is not shaking anymore, so I'm happy:) The cracks in the old ones look scary!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”