New driver, just bumped into my house and not really sure.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Leozumi

New driver, just bumped into my house and not really sure.

Postby Leozumi » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:09 am

I'm in the UK and my car is an automatic. It creeps when I'm in reverse/drive and I'm not braking.

Today when I went to reverse out of my driveway, it didn't creep backwards when in reverse. Instead, it just rolled.

I tried a few times, putting on the handbrake and putting it into park, leaving it for a few seconds, then trying again. Each time it would just roll forwards with no creeping.

When I was about to hit the wall I pushed the accelerator but I think I was too late, the car didn't respond and I scraped my bumper on the wall.

I got out, rang my brother and had him walk me through it all and it worked once I tried it again. The car crept backwards as it has every other time I've reversed out of the drive since getting it.

I guess my frustration is that I really don't understand what went wrong and how I messed up. Is there something I could've done to prevent the car from creeping and instead cause it to roll forwards?

I was 100% in reverse, handbrake off and brake released.

Return to “General Automotive”