New User few questions

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

PathfinderDaddy

New User few questions

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:58 pm

I recently bought a 2008 Pathfinder pretty basic but was everything this Single dad of 3 was looking for and could afford.

Needs bumper covers front and rear
Quarter Panel (Lip above wheel is rotten)
and a Fender; All easy to replace.

So far I have replaced a wheel bearing, the window control switch, The Tail gate latch and rear wiper motor.

I have just bought a non running 2005 with Leather interior, Bose Sound System and a Roof mounted DVD (Yes im looking at swapping the cloth for leather.)
I will also use the body parts I need and cut the Quarter Panel and graph in the piece i need.

Here is where it gets tricky they both have the 4.0 guy iu bought the 05 from said the ECM is no good, 4x4 Slip and VDC lights are on I also noticed that the rad Fan and the security light was on leading me to think He replaced the BCM and not the ECM and they would both need a reflash ??

Either way im under 2K for both trucks and driving my 08 Daily

I figured general chat best suited this post as it covers alot of areas

thoughts ??

And TYIA

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Welcome to ThePath your new home away from home! :D

I am reading your post.. but can you please clarify what your question is?
Are you asking if it it possible or how hard to transfer parts over?

The warning lights are on your parts truck yes?
So are you trying to address them anyway?
Or are u uncertain which truck you will build up?
Otherwise i see little reason to chase down electric gremlins in the parts vehicle.. :wink:

PathfinderDaddy

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:59 pm

palmerwmd wrote:Welcome to ThePath your new home away from home! :D

I am reading your post.. but can you please clarify what your question is?
Are you asking if it it possible or how hard to transfer parts over?

The warning lights are on your parts truck yes?
So are you trying to address them anyway?
Or are u uncertain which truck you will build up?
Otherwise i see little reason to chase down electric gremlins in the parts vehicle.. :wink:
Yes the parts truck turns over no start has the warning lights..
The parts truck is in better shape body wise and had 150000 kms less

I know all the parts will transfer to my Daily but I occasionally get the 4x4 Slip and VDC lights

I guess im wondering how much a PITA is would be to get the Parts truck up and running

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 pm

"Needs bumper covers front and rear
and a Fender; All easy to replace."

Does the parts vehicle have the above in good condition? If not, then occasionally on eBay you can buy pre-painted parts for pretty cheap. I've had my eye on a pre-painted front bumper cover and have seen it as low as $189 shipped and painted. Seller had over a 95% rating so not too bad. Just didn't have the cash at the time.

Not sure about the rear bumper cover to be honest. Haven't priced those out, but I imagine it would be similar.

I saw you were going to cut/weld or piece in the fender piece. If you need to replace the fender, I would keep in mind that the 2005-2007 and 2008-2012 hood and fenders are different if you buy them new. They're slightly longer on the later years to accommodate for the V8 that was offered. At least I know the hood is.

PathfinderDaddy

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:18 pm

underworld1001 wrote:"Needs bumper covers front and rear
and a Fender; All easy to replace."

Does the parts vehicle have the above in good condition? If not, then occasionally on eBay you can buy pre-painted parts for pretty cheap. I've had my eye on a pre-painted front bumper cover and have seen it as low as $189 shipped and painted. Seller had over a 95% rating so not too bad. Just didn't have the cash at the time.

Not sure about the rear bumper cover to be honest. Haven't priced those out, but I imagine it would be similar.

I saw you were going to cut/weld or piece in the fender piece. If you need to replace the fender, I would keep in mind that the 2005-2007 and 2008-2012 hood and fenders are different if you buy them new. They're slightly longer on the later years to accommodate for the V8 that was offered. At least I know the hood is.
My 08 has a little rot on the Passenger Quarter panel
and needs a Drivers Fender as well as front and rear bumper covers. And Rear tail gate glass.

I paid 600 for the 05

If I can get those parts im ahead

The interior should transfer over (Heated Seats)

im curious about the ECM issue he told me that the cooling fan coming on with the key in the on position means the ECM is toast like I said the security light is on and my scanner could not connect to the ECM

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:42 am

When there is an ECM failure, it can go into a fail safe made and it will have the IPDM turn the radiator cooling fans on. If you question is if you can swap the ECM from one to the other, it should, but you will need to have a Nissan or Infiniti dealer reprogram the ECM software for you vehicle and get it to communicate with the other control units. Or, you could take the bad ECM and set it out to a place like Circuit Board Medics and have it repaired, which "may" save you the hassle from taking it to the dealer.

PathfinderDaddy

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:04 am

smj999smj wrote:When there is an ECM failure, it can go into a fail safe made and it will have the IPDM turn the radiator cooling fans on. If you question is if you can swap the ECM from one to the other, it should, but you will need to have a Nissan or Infiniti dealer reprogram the ECM software for you vehicle and get it to communicate with the other control units. Or, you could take the bad ECM and set it out to a place like Circuit Board Medics and have it repaired, which "may" save you the hassle from taking it to the dealer.
Thanks !!

either way for 600 bucks I can't go wrong

Return to “R51 General Chat”