Newbie in TX

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

DallasPirate

Newbie in TX

Postby DallasPirate » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 am

Greetings all. I bought a used 2007 LE, partially out of desperate need for reliable transportation but also had a nostalgic draw from a tricked out '92 my employer drove when they were new. 5 years and 90K miles later, the only major problem was bad bearings which translated to hub replacement. Been having issues with the maf lately on the 3rd one in a year, so politely I've joined our elite crew. Will figure out the trick to posting pics when time allows but it's Silver with charcoal leather. Gotta run for now, need to pass inspection ðŸ˜

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:29 am

Welcome to our merry band!!! :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:25 am

You need to use an image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket to post pics.

DallasPirate

Postby DallasPirate » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 am

Thanks mates! For now I have to conquer this air/fuel mix problem. I installed a new aftermarket MAF 2 days ago, reprogrammed ECU and we passed state inspection. Did an oil change yesterday and during pressure check the CES ABS & VDS lamps come back and she misfires above 2500 rpm. Aaargh!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:40 am

DallasPirate wrote:Thanks mates! For now I have to conquer this air/fuel mix problem. I installed a new aftermarket MAF 2 days ago, reprogrammed ECU and we passed state inspection. Did an oil change yesterday and during pressure check the CES ABS & VDS lamps come back and she misfires above 2500 rpm. Aaargh!
It might be that the MAF you boguth was bad.
Even the "as new" parts from the auto parts chains are often not all that good and fail a mere 3 days later.

Happened to me.

A junkyard MAF may be better than a "as new" from the autparts store.
A new OEM MAF from the Nissan dealer is quite expensive.. so I'd consider calling up junkyards.

2005 and up Frontier and 2005-2015 Xterra MAFS might fit as they had an essentially identical powertrain to our V6s.

But I cant be 100% as the R51 Pathys were tuned just a tad different (for premium that is)

DallasPirate

Postby DallasPirate » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:14 pm

OBD says P0113, which is the IAT sensor, apparently built into the MAF. I'm guessing that oil from the K&N may have contaminated so I've sprayed with cleaner and changed back to paper filter. Will try ECM flash to try and clear code and see if it returns. Truck starts and runs normally otherwise.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:45 pm

DallasPirate wrote:OBD says P0113, which is the IAT sensor, apparently built into the MAF. I'm guessing that oil from the K&N may have contaminated so I've sprayed with cleaner and changed back to paper filter. Will try ECM flash to try and clear code and see if it returns. Truck starts and runs normally otherwise.
Nissan MAFS and K&N oiled filters do not go together.
:oops:

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:21 am

I've had my issues with the MAF on my truck. Bought a brand new one thinking the code would go away and it never did permanently, just temporarily. Got rid of my AEM dry flow filter (didn't want to deal with the oiling of the filter) and now no more code after resetting it. Been off for a few thousand miles so far. Also switched to a quality air filter. Right now I'm using a Fram Extra Guard filter (CA7440). I've emptied cans of MAF cleaner and throttle body cleaner trying to resolve the problem, but no dice.

DallasPirate

Re: Newbie in TX

Postby DallasPirate » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am

Happy New Year...hope everyone is safe and well. Went ahead and replaced the MAF with a Hitachi OEM from Autozone, and went back to the paper air filter(STP)...problem solved!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Newbie in TX

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

DallasPirate wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am
Happy New Year...hope everyone is safe and well. Went ahead and replaced the MAF with a Hitachi OEM from Autozone, and went back to the paper air filter(STP)...problem solved!
Alls well that ends well :D

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”