Interior paint

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Twospeed

Interior paint

Postby Twospeed » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to fix up my PF a bit. I plan on driving it until it absolutely will not run anymore. It's an LE with navigation and Bose and the Blue/Graphite interior. I screwed up my bezel that goes around the nav screen that also has all the HVAC controls on it. Nissan no longer sells the part so, after searching for a year or so, I found a new one that fits and looks right but it has some paint missing on a few spots so I need to repaint it. I found some Nissan Graphite from Color Bond but it's quite a bit lighter in color than the original. Does anyone know of any paint that looks close to the original? I checked the Nissan dealer and they didn't know of any. They suggested a body shop to mix up a batch of color but then there's the expense of paint equipment etc. I can probably handle the color difference with just that piece but I thought I'd check with the experts.

Thanks.

racethecar

Re: Interior paint

Postby racethecar » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:05 am

If the wall is in good condition and the paints are chemically the same (both latex, for instance), you have a few options when the new paint is the opposite shade of the old paint. You can use a primer to thoroughly cover the old colour, then apply 1 or 2 coats of the new paint.

racethecar

Re: Interior paint

Postby racethecar » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:08 am

Twospeed wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to fix up my PF a bit. I plan on driving it until it absolutely will not run anymore. It's an LE with navigation and Bose and the Blue/Graphite interior. I screwed up my bezel that goes around the nav screen that also has all the HVAC controls on it. Nissan no longer sells the part so, after searching for a year or so, I found a new one that fits and looks right but it has some paint missing in a few spots so I need to repaint it. I found some Nissan Graphite from Color Bond but it's quite a bit lighter in colour than the original. Does anyone know of any paint that looks close to the original? I checked the Nissan dealer and they didn't know of any. They suggested a body shop to mix up a batch of color but then there's the expense of paint hereequipment etc. I can probably handle the colour difference with just that piece but I thought I'd check with the experts.

Thanks.
i suggest you to try on google you will get a better idea and solutions ;)

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”