This is what the Infiniti version of the R52 Pathy looks

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

This is what the Infiniti version of the R52 Pathy looks

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Especially check out that Java interior!
It just blows me away.
(I have no connection to this dealer just wanted to show the pics)

https://www.passportinfiniti.com/used-A ... M1EC529211

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 pm

There is one right next door like the overall looks but me thinks nissan could have done better with the pathy than what they have done..as is there is no proper 4x4 in the nissan line up unless you in oz or mena region where they/we still get the Y61 and asia with the new Terra that i hope they will replace the 2.5l 4cyl Turbo ekeing a paltry 190hp, with the 3.8 thats in the new Frontier...and then sell it as an X replacement...but still they really dont have anything to go against 4runner and wrangler or even Pajero(Montero) for that matter....my 2cents that stand to be corrected shot down

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:38 pm

The SUV in the link is not a hardcore offroader.. but did you click the pics thru to the interior? so nice!

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:08 am

Yep...it is nice and cushy inside....apologies, I went on a rant there

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 pm

I hope the Nissan Terra will come to the US market.

It seems like its a Modern interpretation of an SUV halfway between the old 05-15 Xterra and the 05-12 Pathfinder in size/concept.

Maybe with that new 3.8L 310 hp V6 Nissan has in the US market in the 2020 Frontier.

brickbox

Postby brickbox » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:50 am

A buddy of mine has the 2014 QX60 - sake interior and package with all the bells and whistles but different exterior color.

I agree that the interior is really nice and plush. And the Infiniti version is actually a significantly nicer place than the R52 SL variant. This wasn’t necessarily the case between the Nissan and Infiniti variants on the R50/QX4 era.

I think the biggest improvements over our R51s is that they have more third row space, it’s quieter (just by a tiny amount) and of course the better gas mileage. Even the plastics quality has improved some.

But, I think the overall quality is down. My buddy had to replace both of his front window regulator before 100k, the massive moonroof mechanism died recently and his shocks in all 4 corners were done last fall. Again, this is all just before the 95k mark.

Have a co-worked who has a 2013 R52 SL and he has the same gripes about overall quality.
Shame because, if things continue like this, in a few years when I plan to replace my R51, I might have to look outside the Nissan/Infiniti stable.
I struggle to see what benefit the R52 provides over the Buick Enclave/Merc M class/MDX.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:50 am

Understand that the R52 platform is totally different from the Pathfinders that preceded it. If you love your R51, you'll be disappointed owning a R52 in it's current iteration. It's a crossover, not a SUV. I agree that the Terra is probably the best of both worlds and if Nissan has any smarts left, they'll bring it to the NA market.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:56 pm

I would avoid the M class, or any Mercedes for that matter. My coworker gets new Benzs for him and his wife every couple of years (lease) and that's generally all they ever get. He did have a Silverado at one point, but that was a few years back. At the moment him and her have 2 AMG M models. From speaking to him, his words are essentially, "if it's out of warranty don't get it". Granted, he hasn't had any issue with them, but again, I would say it's due to the lease agreement he's limited to mileage and also turns it in after 3 years.

Acura has had a number of transmission issues over the years. Not due to issues like the R51 had, but just bad design. Something to keep in mind.

Haven't heard anything about Buick other than their pretty quiet and much nicer than old Buicks.

brickbox

Postby brickbox » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Grumpah wrote:Understand that the R52 platform is totally different from the Pathfinders that preceded it. If you love your R51, you'll be disappointed owning a R52 in it's current iteration. It's a crossover, not a SUV. I agree that the Terra is probably the best of both worlds and if Nissan has any smarts left, they'll bring it to the NA market.
Absolutely, I understand your point that the R52s transitioned to becoming crossover. Which makes sense given where the segment transitioned to. I guess my point was based on what I see, at least for me the 2013-2015 R52s don’t make much of a convincing argument over a similar crossover. Meaning I don’t really see them having a USP over competitor vehicles.

The Terra would certainly be a nice addition to the Nissan lineup here in the US.

brickbox

Postby brickbox » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:16 pm

The other vehicle is a ‘09 E350. So far, I’ve had no complaints about the car. It’s got a few quirks but the only real problem is the intake manifold flaps that get brittle and fall off. It’s been almost 40k miles of headache free ownership. I might possibly have gotten lucky, but I really enjoy owning the car. Triple digits with no wind noise still amuses me :D

I didn’t realize the MDX had transmission issues. I guess that most likely rules them out. Family member has a ‘12 Acadia and it’s fine. Nice and spacious, but kinda meh to get going from a stand stop. Not to mention it absolutely does have the trademark GM cheap plastic :lol:

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:41 pm

brickbox wrote:I guess my point was based on what I see, at least for me the 2013-2015 R52s don’t make much of a convincing argument over a similar crossover. Meaning I don’t really see them having a USP over competitor vehicles.
The USP is the price. No where else can you get that set of features for the price. The competition is much higher with the same set of features. Unfortunately in this case, you get what you pay for and less.

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”