Mileage contradiction

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

BeeEl

Mileage contradiction

Postby BeeEl » Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am

Newbie...First post.
This is a great place for learning about these things. When I got my 2011, I was just going to turn it for a small profit and move on. I simply can't let it go and it is now my everyday driver. I love this thing!
I do have a few questions and I believe this is the place to find the answer! I will start with this one.
I use the "maintenance counter" for oil changes. I set it to 3,000 miles. The last time it was time to do an oil change based on the odometer, the maintenance counter wasn't even close! So after I changed the oil, I reset the trip meter and the maintenance counter. I noticed yesterday the trip meter already has 2,500 miles on it, but the maintenance counter isn't even halfway. I can't figure out how I have already gone 2500 miles so if I had to guess which one is off, I would guess the odometer/trip meter. Has anyone ever seen/heard of anything like this?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri May 08, 2020 6:13 am

First of all welcome to Thepath! :D

Do u have a Bose radio?
Not sure about the maintenance meter but a lot of function memories are tied to a capacitor in it.. like the memory for mpg clock etc etc.

Those capacitors sometimes go out. And all displayed values will reset to what was in effect at engine start of the cycle it went out.

BeeEl

Postby BeeEl » Fri May 08, 2020 6:26 am

Honestly, I am not sure which radio it has. I've not noticed the BOSE logo on anything, but haven't really looked either. I will check around for that today. If this is tied to that, would the maintenance counter reset when I reset it? (it did reset when I pushed the button)

BeeEl

Postby BeeEl » Sat May 09, 2020 6:04 am

I don’t see a Bose logo anywhere so I have to assume it doesn’t.

Return to “R51 Electrical”