Lifting slings vs recovery straps vs tow straps vs kinetic ropes vs ratchet straps vs skipping ropes

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

patomwazi

Lifting slings vs recovery straps vs tow straps vs kinetic ropes vs ratchet straps vs skipping ropes

Postby patomwazi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:31 am

3....2....1....discuss....
Generally my am thinking to get lifting slings/straps and use them as recovery straps...any experts here from the cordage field

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Lifting slings vs recovery straps vs tow straps vs kinetic ropes vs ratchet straps vs skipping ropes

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Sorry nobody's has given this thread a bite yet... I am sure someone else who has meaningful thoughts on this subject will come along soon.. :lol:

silverarrow27

Re: Lifting slings vs recovery straps vs tow straps vs kinetic ropes vs ratchet straps vs skipping ropes

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:43 am

I haven't had any experiences with these other than recovery straps. A kinetic rope is actually my next thing to buy and seems to have high praise when getting stuck in mud and sand. Recovery straps are still good for a tow because of a powertrain/drivetrain issue or as a backup to the kinetic rope. I guess really, at the end of the day, certain ropes/straps have their own usage...just depends what type of wheeling you're doing.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:34 am

Been reading abit about it and consesus is twing rope and lifting slings tend to be static in design..that is the dont have elasticity built into them unlike kinetic ropes or recovery straps or snatch straps...

Return to “Offroad Adventures”