Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

stugry
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 am

Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby stugry » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Like the title says. I'm in the middle of changing my 08 V8 LE to be a tiny bit more offroadable, while still maintaining decent roadability. It's our 3rd vehicle so I can have some fun with this but I have to tow a 20ft cattle trailer a few times a year so I can't go crazy. I'm looking to get about 2 to 2.5 inches of true suspension lift so I'd love some advice as to what springs/struts combos work best and what other odds and ends such as bushings should be addressed while in there. My main question at this point is what would be the best rugged tires that would fit the stock 18 LE wheels and fill in the fenders well with 2 to 2.5 inches of lift? I've looked for hours through this forum but the pictures don't show up(maybe too old of posts) so comparisons are tough. There's also very few people running the stock wheels once they go with larger tires. I'm just trying to save some coin so I'd prefer not getting new wheels. While I'm trying to save money, I'm also trying to do the suspension stuff right so that it'll be fully functional and reliable. Thanks for any input or advice. This place has been a huge benefit for all the little things I've already done to the pathy.


PathfinderDaddy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Re: Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 pm

I just ordered the 2.5 inch front and rear from https://sfcreation.com/products

I am hoping to run LT285/65R18 Maxxis Razr MT

User avatar
V8Pathy
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby V8Pathy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 am

stock height 2008 V8 SE and I have been running the BFG KO2 275/65/18 for the past 5 years. they have been excellent in all conditions: sand, mud and snow.
If I lift the truck I would probably go with same tires in a bigger size.

PathfinderDaddy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Re: Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:18 pm

stugry wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:56 pm
Like the title says. I'm in the middle of changing my 08 V8 LE to be a tiny bit more offroadable, while still maintaining decent roadability. It's our 3rd vehicle so I can have some fun with this but I have to tow a 20ft cattle trailer a few times a year so I can't go crazy. I'm looking to get about 2 to 2.5 inches of true suspension lift so I'd love some advice as to what springs/struts combos work best and what other odds and ends such as bushings should be addressed while in there. My main question at this point is what would be the best rugged tires that would fit the stock 18 LE wheels and fill in the fenders well with 2 to 2.5 inches of lift? I've looked for hours through this forum but the pictures don't show up(maybe too old of posts) so comparisons are tough. There's also very few people running the stock wheels once they go with larger tires. I'm just trying to save some coin so I'd prefer not getting new wheels. While I'm trying to save money, I'm also trying to do the suspension stuff right so that it'll be fully functional and reliable. Thanks for any input or advice. This place has been a huge benefit for all the little things I've already done to the pathy.
275's with no lift ? and no rubbing ?

stugry
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 am

Re: Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby stugry » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:50 pm

6722.jpeg
Went with Road One Cavalry MT 285/65/18. Tiny bit of rubbing but nothing major and I haven't done the melt mod yet. The suspension is stock height.

PathfinderDaddy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Re: Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm

stugry wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:50 pm
6722.jpeg

Went with Road One Cavalry MT 285/65/18. Tiny bit of rubbing but nothing major and I haven't done the melt mod yet. The suspension is stock height.

Sick !! I have a 2.5 inch lift and 285 on 18's will have pics next week

User avatar
palmerwmd
Site Admin
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 am
Location: Mid Atlantic

Re: Best rugged tire for ~2in lift with stock 18in V8 LE rims

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 am

PathfinderDaddy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm
stugry wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:50 pm
6722.jpeg

Went with Road One Cavalry MT 285/65/18. Tiny bit of rubbing but nothing major and I haven't done the melt mod yet. The suspension is stock height.

Sick !! I have a 2.5 inch lift and 285 on 18's will have pics next week
Where are the pics! :P


Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”