Hello From the Sunshine Coast

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

JasonH

Hello From the Sunshine Coast

Postby JasonH » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:25 pm

So I recently purchased a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder, 81,000 miles. It came up from the states. Seems in great shape. I have just finished installing the 7 pin towing harness and a break controller. Thanks to various postings and advice it went well. Planning to pull my 20 ft Creekside Trailer with this vehicle as well as enjoy backcountry fly fishing while lounging in my float tube. I do most of my own work on my vehicles. Been through a ranage. MGB, Austin Cambridge, Volvo 144, Audi 5000, various ford and GM trucks, Subaru H6 3.0 (presently on blocks in the back yard). Now driving F 550 to pull my mini excavator, as well as VW Golf Wagon.

Wanting to change out the tranny fluid on the Pathfinder but it seems somewhat more obscure then one would think. What appears to be the dip tube is capped and retained by a screw. The choice of fluids also seems a bit of a discussion.

Cheers.
Jason

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Hello From the Sunshine Coast

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:24 am

Welcome to ThePath!!!

(I know its sounds a bit cultish but we take our Nissans seriously :D )

as for your questions there are write ups on those things in our R51 (thats your Generation of Pathy, 05-12) powertrain subforum.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”