V6 to V8 front brake conversion

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

PathSV

V6 to V8 front brake conversion

Postby PathSV » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:06 pm

I have heard and seen people do a v8 pathfinder front brake system to the v6 would anyone care to explain how this is done is it just buying the v8 pathfinder front calipers and brackets and swapping them or what im interested in this :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: V6 to V8 front brake conversion

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:29 pm

I can help you out; I did it to my 2006 LE. All you need is the front brake calipers w/ brackets, pads and rotors for a 2008-2012 Pathfinder V8. It's a bolt-on mod as the steering knuckles, brake backing plates,caliper mount bolts, hub assembly and even the brake hoses are all the same. FYI, the rear brakes are the same between the V6 and V8 R51 Pathfinders, so no upgrade needed there. The V8 front rotors are 1" larger in diameter compared to the V6's.

You can choose stock equivalent parts or go for higher performance. The stock equivalent parts are a significant upgrade, but performance improves with better parts. I went on the high end and got EBC slotted and dimpled rotors, EBC "yellow stuff" pads, PowerStop brake calipers and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines. I also went the same way on the rear brakes, as well. Brake pedal feel is greatly improved and the brakes have the "sport brake" feel, in that they're a bit aggressive and really clamp down on a hard stop. The bad is that they do create a lot of brake dust on the front wheels. One might be happier with the EBC "green stuff" brake pads. I also went with Wagner DOT 5.1 brake fluid and did a complete flush of the system.

Return to “R51 General Chat”