Honest Nissan Mechanic in my area

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jlocal

Honest Nissan Mechanic in my area

Postby jlocal » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Since I got my 2009 Pathy back from a timing chain replacement with no oil in it, and my engine seized up, I'm looking to see if anyone in the West San Fernando Valley (California) would know a good (HONEST) Nissan mechanic. After getting advice from @smj999smj , I found a 2017 Frontier 4.0 engine I'm thinking of buying. I'm thinking of installing it myself if I can't find anyone. Thanks in advance, just fed up with people not taking responsibility for their mistakes.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Honest Nissan Mechanic in my area

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:59 pm

Sorry for far no ones been able to point you in a good direction for local help.
If you were in other parts of the country I'd know exactly where to send you....

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:48 am

Yelp reviews has always been a great source to find a good mechanic. When you speak to the mechanic, talk to them a bit and gauge their knowledge. If the mechanic knows the Nissan Frontier/Pathy/Xterra or the VQ in general, they'll usually make a comment about the truck. A local shop I know made a comment about my 1st gen Frontier when I first took it to them because I couldn't get the dang o2 sensors off. Something along the lines of, "Do oil changes often, those engines need 'em."

And you being in the heart of Southern CA where modified cars & trucks are a daily scene, shouldn't be hard for you to find a mechanic.

jlocal

Postby jlocal » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Thanks guys, I do have a couple of people I am going to check out. I was hoping to find someone who specializes in Nissan only. Thanks again.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:37 pm

Other than your stealerships, not a lot of mechanics specialize in the one make anymore. It normally comes down to one or a few particular models now that most specialty shops concentrate on now. The Frontier sold well so I wouldn't be surprised if all mechanics have at some point worked on a few, several, or many. The Pathy should be very familiar to them. Good luck!

jlocal

Postby jlocal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:54 am

Yes, this is true, I'm going in with a positive attitude. Thanks again.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”