Who has changed their speakers?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

nismopath

Who has changed their speakers?

Postby nismopath » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:52 am

I have a 2010 with Bose stereo system. My front door speakers have blown (still work, just crackling) and I need to get new ones. I was chatting with someone on the Crutchfield website and they told me I had to get 2ohm speakers or else the sound will be very low.

Who has changed their stock speakers, and what did you get 2ohm or 4ohm ? If 4ohm, did you have any issues ?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Who has changed their speakers?

Postby smj999smj » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Yes, the door speakers are 2-ohm and the amps are designed for those speakers. The subwoofer speakers are 1-ohm, FYI. If you were happy with the original Bose speakers, you can purchase replacements from Bose Corp. When I needed new subwoofer speakers, I got them through Bose for $65 ea., including shipping. I would think that the door speakers would be less than that. They carry replacement speakers and parts for most of their systems that were original equipment in autos and trucks. Here's a link with contact info:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/contact_us.html

Swerve

Postby Swerve » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:04 pm

I put in JBL GX962 in the doors with metra adapters. Everything else is the original Bose factory speakers and I’m content. The factory front door Bose had nothing in the mid and were all bass. The JBLs have less bass but helped the midrange up front a bunch. And the tweeters do play some so the dash speakers aren’t as dominant as they annoyingly used to be. It feels like the midrange gap is filled and the sound is full up front.

I found the jbls locally on clearance and got the metra adapters from crutchfield.

PathfinderDaddy

Postby PathfinderDaddy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Metra leaves little to be desired, if you are going anything but bose get an amp and re wire for new speakers !

Return to “R51 Electrical”