climate control problem

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

th3ic3m4n

climate control problem

Postby th3ic3m4n » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:52 am

hi everybody!
I'm banging my head since a while with this problem... someone have any idea to help me ?
path 2011 with auto climate control, everything work fine with ignition on accessories (have the control of fan speed) but with motor on the hvac run always high, replaced the blower amp/resistor and nothing change, possible bad relay or control of climate are bad ?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: climate control problem

Postby smj999smj » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:37 pm

The fail-safe mode is to have the blower run on the highest speed. I have heard of people getting a faulty "new" fan blower amp on the aftermarket, so that's something to keep in mind. Otherwise, you'd have to refer to the FSM and go through the diagnostics, which you can find by clicking on the "service manuals" tab at the top of the page. FYI, the rear HVAC system uses the same blower amp as the front, so you could swap it with that one for testing, but you'd have to remove the right-rear quarter, interior finisher to access it, which is a bit of a pain.

th3ic3m4n

Re: climate control problem

Postby th3ic3m4n » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:21 pm

thanx for the hint of taking the rear one to test in front!! found that my my new replacement part from acdelco is not working well because hvac was not working at all before.. so I order a new one from dealer!

Return to “R51 Electrical”