front bumper cover compatibility

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

DrBeavis

front bumper cover compatibility

Postby DrBeavis » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:59 pm

looking for a front bumper cover for my 2005 pathfinder and would like to know whether it is compatible among all years within the r51 generation? from little i know, there are slight body differences between earlier and later years in r51. does that matter when it comes specifically to front bumper covers? thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: front bumper cover compatibility

Postby smj999smj » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Nissan changed the nose of the R51 in 2008, giving it more rake, supposedly to help accommodate the V8 option. So, the grille, cover and headlamps are all different.

You can use the bumper cover from a 2005-2007 Pathfinder. For a used one, try Car-part.com. New ones aren't hard to find (Rockauto, PartsGeek, Ebay, etc.) and even reasonable in price EXCEPT for the fact that they are expensive to ship and they will need to be painted. There is a company that sells new, painted bumper covers through Ebay which isn't hard to find. Genuine Nissan bumper covers can be double the price of an aftermarket replacement. You might be able to print off a price quote from a site like NissanPartsDeal.com and used it to negotiate a lower price at your local Nissan dealer, which would have the benefit of not having the expensive shipping costs as they can order through their normal parts ordering process.

DrBeavis

Postby DrBeavis » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:19 am

after days and dozens of response-less views, its smj to the rescue...again!!! what would i do without you?!!!
my 2005 pathy is past 250K miles, so i am only looking for function only at thing point. so terms like "oem" and "painted" are completely ignored when it comes to something as trivial as bumper cover. your suggestion of car-part.com is definitely a way to go for me! thanks...again!!!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:24 pm

No problem; glad to help! I've been a little busy at work, lately, and I'm not on a post where I can get on the computer for a lot of time, so it sometimes takes a couple times to get to the site to answer questions.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”