Replacement body parts r50

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

dksellschicago

Replacement body parts r50

Postby dksellschicago » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Hey guys, any insight on best resources for replacement body panels/parts?

Also, having trouble finding rebuild kits for the spare tire mount on the rear of my 97 SE.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Replacement body parts r50

Postby smj999smj » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:20 pm

I've never heard of a rebuild kit (Nissan nor aftermarket) for the Nissan spare tire rack and I worked for Nissan for 16-years. As far as body parts, usually a big factor is the size and shipping costs. For used parts, Car-part.com is a good site. For genuine Nissan parts, there's NissanPartsDeal.com and CourtesyParts.com. For aftermarket parts, Rockauto carries some. For either used or new, Ebay is sometimes worth checking out.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:48 pm

I echo what SMJ said. I have a 97 that I'm fixing up and have had more luck with eBay than any other site. A lot of items I'm finding are discontinued so dealers are only selling off what's still out there. I noticed that quite a few places in the UAE sell OEM R50 parts. The part price itself is good, but the shipping is kinda pricey. Also, when searching for OEM part numbers, try a few different dealers sites. The image quality of their parts catalog seems to differ from site to site. Courtesy is good as is NissanPartsDeal.

dksellschicago

Postby dksellschicago » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:44 am

Thanks, Everyone for your replies!

I just got her emissions exemption approved by my state, so I will be getting more serious with this build this spring/summer.

I will share my progress. I think I am going to go for an "Overland" approach with this one.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:44 pm

dksellschicago wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:44 am
I will share my progress. I think I am going to go for an "Overland" approach with this one.
yes please!

We need mroe Nissan Presense in this!

Please take lots of picks on your step by step build journey and consider starting a new thread for that so your hard work gets maximum exposure :D

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”