100k service and XTP Intake Spacer Install

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

100k service and XTP Intake Spacer Install

Postby blink32 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Using info gleaned from SMJ's info here: topic20836.html I went ahead and did the 100k/105k service today at 101k. Figured since I had to do the spark plugs, which were burnt down to nearly a pin head by the way, I might as well take the intake off and install my spacer I've had sitting around for 6 years. I think it took me like 5 hours to flush the coolant and replace it, XTP intake spacer, spark plugs, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, new serpentine belt, clean and recharge the air filter and toss the front skid plate. I took a lunch break in there and worked on some other car issues so it wasn't 5 straight hours for just this.

That spacer definitely changed the feel of the acceleration and the intake sound is more pronounced through the Nismo filter on a stick I have. Thanks to SMJ for posting details in that thread. Maybe now I'll get around to installing the NIB JBA headers I have sitting there in a milk crate.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: 100k service and XTP Intake Spacer Install

Postby smj999smj » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am

I did a write-up on my DT headers install that might help you some. A couple of the pics got deleted, but most of them are still there. The header install starts on page 2:

mod-blueprint-for-my-2006-le-t12841.htm ... rint%20mod

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Good deal and thank you.

Regarding XTP, I'm disappointed I didn't install it earlier. The dyno charts are out there but the real world driving difference is absolutely quantifiable. For me the telltale sign is the lack of downshifting while at cruise when encountering soft inclines. I have some some long gentle inclines and high sweeping interstate flyovers where I set the cruise at 75 and would normally hit the OD button to drop to 4th prior to the incline to keep it from slowly loosing enough speed to kick down on it's own. Today I didn't do that at all and it stayed within estimated 1 mph of desired speed. Not that before it was a dog or struggled on grades but this just proves to me what moving that torque curve does for my own drivability.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:56 am

blink32 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:22 pm
Good deal and thank you.

Regarding XTP, I'm disappointed I didn't install it earlier. The dyno charts are out there but the real world driving difference is absolutely quantifiable. For me the telltale sign is the lack of downshifting while at cruise when encountering soft inclines. I have some some long gentle inclines and high sweeping interstate flyovers where I set the cruise at 75 and would normally hit the OD button to drop to 4th prior to the incline to keep it from slowly loosing enough speed to kick down on it's own. Today I didn't do that at all and it stayed within estimated 1 mph of desired speed. Not that before it was a dog or struggled on grades but this just proves to me what moving that torque curve does for my own drivability.
Thank you for the real world feedback to the group. 8)

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”