Need brighter lights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Need brighter lights

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:36 am

How are the Titan's lights?

outoforder

Postby outoforder » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:44 am

Titan lights are quite good. I really like it overall-gets better gas mileage than my pathfinder and is significantly bigger!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:43 am

outoforder wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:44 am
I really like it overall-gets better gas mileage than my pathfinder and is significantly bigger!
That’s a direct injection engine for you 👍

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:58 pm

Hello. I had same issue as OP and needed to have brighter lights on my 05 Pathy. I wanted something brighter than halogens but know there’s not much on the market for projectors. My headlights and fog lights are in great shape. My other vehicles all have HID lights and I wanted to upgrade to something similar in color and brightness. I forgot how bad the Pathy lights are at night.

Anyways, after looking at a ton of products and reviews online, I decided to purchase LEDs for both headlights and matching fogs. The deciding factor was from a review from another Pathfinder owner that included pics. The 9007 were both high/low beam. H11 was low. Both were 6000k bright white. Install was basic plug and play. Instructions and some white gloves were included in the box. Both LEDs were fanless and fit perfectly.

I’m sorry I didn’t take any pics but I would highly recommend them! Light output was much brighter. I drove out on country roads tonight and noticed a major difference. The LEDs met my expectations and what I was wanting to achieve.

Brand: SEALIGHT
-9007 high/low $45.99 Amazon
-H11 $39.99 Amazon

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:11 am

Godzirra,

thank you so much for the lead.
LEDs are clearly coming a long way.

I remember just a few couple years ago they were causing issues with bad beam patterns but it seems from your descritpion that is getting solved..

Can you tell us a bit how the pattern looks?
does it match stock?

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Palmerwmd,

Yes, I think LEDs have come a long ways. I will probably upgrade my 370Z’s headlights to Morimoto LED headlights this summer.

From what I can tell, the light pattern on the Pathfinder looks the same but noticeably brighter. But then again, it’s really hard seeing true pattern with the dim halogens prior to install. I don’t think the pattern is going to change if any since it’s in the same stock housing. Imagine holding an older flashlight out in front of you at night(one that has a yellowish color for light.) Sure, you can see because it’s better than no light. Now imagine taking a newer LED flashlight and pointing at same direction in same conditions. The comparison is sorta like that example. Last time I drove my Pathfinder at night before the upgrade, I was wishing I had a pair of LED flashlights pointing at the road in front of me. It was unbearable and I felt unsafe.

I can definitely see a major difference with the fog lights on and off compared to what it was before the upgrade. Directly in front and to the sides (seeing the solid yellow and white lines from the road) are very well lit. There’s a distinction when you have them off and on. The high beams looks to have a cut off edge along the top, surprisingly just like my HIDs. As mentioned, the 6000k color seems to be same or very close to my HIDs in the Zs and GTR. I feel much better driving the Pathfinder at night if needed. I live on 19 acres and I use my Pathfinder to drive down to the horse barn at night. Now I wish I would’ve taken before pics in that scenario and on the country roads. I know I don’t post much or as often but I felt that this was such a significant improvement that I wanted to share my experience with the community. I was skeptical at first, but wanted to see for myself and knew if it didn’t work for my application, I felt confident with the return policy.

I was not too familiar with the SEALIGHT brand prior to purchase but had over 13,000 reviews on Amazon. I just received follow up emails from Sealight addressing any concerns from figment to flickering or not working. Customer service seems to be outstanding. Again, I would highly recommend this brand. They have YouTube vids about install as well as vids on Amazon within product details.

Camera is really hard to capture what my eyes are seeing. I’ll try to capture some pics later this week and see how it turns out.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:25 pm

Godzirra wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:27 pm
Palmerwmd,

Yes, I think LEDs have come a long ways. I will probably upgrade my 370Z’s headlights to Morimoto LED headlights this summer.

From what I can tell, the light pattern on the Pathfinder looks the same but noticeably brighter. But then again, it’s really hard seeing true pattern with the dim halogens prior to install. I don’t think the pattern is going to change if any since it’s in the same stock housing. Imagine holding an older flashlight out in front of you at night(one that has a yellowish color for light.) Sure, you can see because it’s better than no light. Now imagine taking a newer LED flashlight and pointing at same direction in same conditions. The comparison is sorta like that example. Last time I drove my Pathfinder at night before the upgrade, I was wishing I had a pair of LED flashlights pointing at the road in front of me. It was unbearable and I felt unsafe.

I can definitely see a major difference with the fog lights on and off compared to what it was before the upgrade. Directly in front and to the sides (seeing the solid yellow and white lines from the road) are very well lit. There’s a distinction when you have them off and on. The high beams looks to have a cut off edge along the top, surprisingly just like my HIDs. As mentioned, the 6000k color seems to be same or very close to my HIDs in the Zs and GTR. I feel much better driving the Pathfinder at night if needed. I live on 19 acres and I use my Pathfinder to drive down to the horse barn at night. Now I wish I would’ve taken before pics in that scenario and on the country roads. I know I don’t post much or as often but I felt that this was such a significant improvement that I wanted to share my experience with the community. I was skeptical at first, but wanted to see for myself and knew if it didn’t work for my application, I felt confident with the return policy.

I was not too familiar with the SEALIGHT brand prior to purchase but had over 13,000 reviews on Amazon. I just received follow up emails from Sealight addressing any concerns from figment to flickering or not working. Customer service seems to be outstanding. Again, I would highly recommend this brand. They have YouTube vids about install as well as vids on Amazon within product details.

Camera is really hard to capture what my eyes are seeing. I’ll try to capture some pics later this week and see how it turns out.
Godzirra,

thank you for the quick reply. :)
To have this as another lighting solution alongside the PhillipsXtremevision is very valuable.
It sounds like perhaps these may be an even better solution.
This forum is all about helping members and we want them to know about it.

Please let us know if u get flashed on hiways by oncoming traffic with this LED setup )a common complaint of earlier units)
Or any ore positive or negatives you find in next few days.
Maybe you can even put in an extra night drive for us?

PS: I love the Nissan loyalty in your signature garage. :D

Godzirra

Postby Godzirra » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:19 am

Palmerwmd,

Sorry for the delayed update. So far, I’ve not had any drivers flash me at night. I’ve been on highways and dark back roads with good traffic. The fog lights really light up both shoulders when driving two lane roads. My passenger noticed the difference right away vs my old halogens. The high beams have a definite cut off line at the top of the light pattern. I’ve driven behind my gf at night and she didn’t have any complaints. I she drove her SUV and then later switched to my 370Z roadster (which sits lower than any of the other Nissans I own, crazy huh?)

As a side note, I had new tires installed a day before LED install. I am running Falken Wildpeak AT3W size 265/70/17. I believe this gives me an extra inch in height. I’m on stock suspension.

I’m very pleased with this LED set up and no complaints. All LEDs have the fanless design so that’s just one more failure that I don’t have to worry about. Install was a breeze. I started on the passenger side first and removed my battery. I probably could’ve avoided the removal had I started on the driver’s side first. It was my first time replacing the bulbs so I wanted room to have a good look at the housing and how things worked. I took off my Nismo intake filter and box to give me more room on the driver’s side if I needed it. For the fogs, I just turned the wheels and took off the bottom screws holding liner to the front bumper.

Thanks, I’ve been trying to collect Z’s as my first Z was a 91 300ZX TT. I was excited when the GT-R came available for purchase but glad I waited for the DBA instead of the first gen CBA. It’s a beast to drive and I’m running AMS Alpha 10X. It goes 235mph in the half mile.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Godzirra,

Thanks for the update!

You may want to consider starting a seperate thread either here in the R51 electrical sub forum ( or in our "general automotive" subofurm) with your lighting solution so it gets attention.
You can mostly just copy/paste what u wrote here and links where you purchased. :)

As for the lighting I am also still quite satisfied with the Phillips Xtremevision solution.
I played around with the adjustments to my foglight to make them more halfway between driving lights and foglights in their angle.
And I now have a LOT of addtional light coming out front.
It is so much light I dont use it in urban terrain but in the countryside it give me some extra vision to the sides ( and even the front) that the low beams do not have.

Its joy to drive the car at night now, even if the LEDS may after all be better now .

Return to “R51 Electrical”