Rear Cargo area carpet

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Rear Cargo area carpet

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:55 am

My rear cargo area has no carpet or floormat.
Its just that slippery plastic.

I would like to put carpet in there but the dealer I spoke to says it is not made anymore and no available.
I suppose a rubberized mat would also do.
but I would want a rubberize one , not another slippery mat ( I know weathertech is pretty slippery from my XTerra weathertech there).

Anyone have any ideas or links?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Rear Cargo area carpet

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:03 pm

I can't see why an automotive upholsterer wouldn't be able to make a carpet for the back of your Pathy?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:58 pm

smj999smj wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:03 pm
I can't see why an automotive upholsterer wouldn't be able to make a carpet for the back of your Pathy?
Hmmm,

I been meaning to go to an upholstery shop anyway, to restore my drivers seat bottom on the left.. (its not terrible just needs a bit of TLC)... so maybe I will bring that up.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am

When I bought our 2012 last year I went to Princess Auto and bought about 6 feet of their checker plate rolled rubber mat for $6/foot.
(https://www.princessauto.com/en/checker ... 0008681645)
It's long enough to cover the entire cargo area with the 2nd & 3rd row folded down, and it's thin enough that when I need the back seats I just roll the mat back. It's nice and sticky so nothing slides around, and it's easy to vacuum up the million needles from the Christmas tree.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:33 am

Spatula wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am
When I bought our 2012 last year I went to Princess Auto and bought about 6 feet of their checker plate rolled rubber mat for $6/foot.
(https://www.princessauto.com/en/checker ... 0008681645)
It's long enough to cover the entire cargo area with the 2nd & 3rd row folded down, and it's thin enough that when I need the back seats I just roll the mat back. It's nice and sticky so nothing slides around, and it's easy to vacuum up the million needles from the Christmas tree.
I'll have to look into that. :)

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:26 am

Great idea with the rubber mat. I'm thinking Weathertech mats front and second row. I took out the center seat in the second row to allow my wife or myself to walk back to the back seats if needed while the vehicle is in motion. It's left some bolt holes and metal in plain view and I was thinking about getting some universal tan rugs, but now I may actually go this route and run the rubber mat down the isle and line the third row seating too. May even line the rear cargo space if there's enough left.

Hopefully these mats don't stink.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”