Fjallasport Fiberglass Fender Flares installed on USA Pathfinder

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Code Pathfinder

Fjallasport Fiberglass Fender Flares installed on USA Pathfinder

Postby Code Pathfinder » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Alright, I am the guinea pig for the group but I did it.

I installed the Arctic fender flares from Fjallasport.

Cost-plus shipping to the USA was around $1600. Granted, these are hand-crafted in Iceland and are really high quality.

These were not an exact fit on my pathfinder because mine has the facelift in the front being it's an 08 and up model.

That being said, they mounted up without any issues using threaded rivnuts and silicone caulking for water adhesion protection.

I have a titan swap plus 1.5-inch wheel spacers upfront so that goes to show how much width I am at upfront. The rear wheels have just 1.50-inch spacers.

Happy to answer any questions you have for me!

silverarrow27

Re: Fjallasport Fiberglass Fender Flares installed on USA Pathfinder

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:38 am

Wow, those flares are massive. Same fender flares I want to go with, but now I'm reconsidering as I won't have wheels that will fill that huge wheel well. Maybe I'll go with some baby flares off ebay or something lol :mrgreen:

Thanks for being the guinea pig! Looks badass!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:14 am

Wow that's incredible!!! :D

RedK9

Postby RedK9 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:36 am

I was just now Googling "fjallasport pathfinder" and I clicked on images to see all the pictures of R51's with the flares.
That is how found this thread and after looking at your vehicle more closely I have realized that I have seen your vehicle
before on Youtube where you were showing off all of your recent upgrades including the rear tire mount.
YouTube link https://youtu.be/OqFMXQH865o
I like everything that you have done to your vehicle except the tire mount.
There is a guy here in Houston that made his own tire mount that has very little space between tire and tailgate.
Its practically surface mount and looks more like tire mounts for Jeep models and Toyota Land Cruisers.
Now you need to add an auxiliary fuel tank and it can be mounted where the spare tire was.
There are several companies that make 110 liter tanks for that purpose.

I first came across Fjallasport about 5 years ago when I was Googling info on Arctic Trucks and I clicked on images
and found most all vehicles that they had modified as well as images from Fjallasport.
I am glad to see that the shipping cost was not as much as I thought it would be.
The possible high cost of shipping was the only reason that I had not ordered them all ready.
I ordered a pair of pro audio speaker horns made by Selenium, from Spain a while back. The horns are made of fiberglass
and are 33 inches wide. Price of horns $75.00 each and shipping $150.00 each.
After that experience with high shipping cost of outside of USA I figured the Fjallasport shipping could
be twice the cost of the flares and making the thought of ordering them less likely..

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:05 pm

RedK9 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:36 am
Now you need to add an auxiliary fuel tank and it can be mounted where the spare tire was.
Do you have any leads on this? :?:
Whenever I try to run into a wall (the importer of the Aussie system says he doesnt sell the R51 kit here). :|
Spoke to a local installer and he said he was unaware of any turn key installation kits for the R51 out here (and those are the only ones he is willing to do)

RedK9

Postby RedK9 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:46 pm

palmerwmd wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:05 pm
RedK9 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:36 am
Do you have any leads on this? :?:
Whenever I try to run into a wall (the importer of the Aussie system says he doesnt sell the R51 kit here). :|
Spoke to a local installer and he said he was unaware of any turn key installation kits for the R51 out here (and those are the only ones he is willing to do)
Take a look here: topic18077.html?forum_uri=&start=&t=180 ... 91b22eecf6

RedK9

Postby RedK9 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:33 pm

The place in Australia that sells the auxiliary fuel tanks won't ship it to the USA, that is not a problem.
Purchase it from them and have UPS pick it up and deliver it to you.
Create an account with UPS, you can request UPS to pick up a package and deliver it to you..

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:21 pm

RedK9 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:33 pm
The place in Australia that sells the auxiliary fuel tanks won't ship it to the USA, that is not a problem.
Purchase it from them and have UPS pick it up and deliver it to you.
Create an account with UPS, you can request UPS to pick up a package and deliver it to you..
Hmmm,
So I hire UPS to go to the seller in AUS?

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:33 am

Yep. Cross-shippers like Aramex who operate in AU can also do that for you.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”