Weird double arrow green dash light

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

labsy

Weird double arrow green dash light

Postby labsy » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:58 am

Hi,

Anyone knows what would this dash light mean? It is located on bottom center of dash lights, and it sometimes lights on with left or right indicator.
As this is usually during making a turn, I did not manage to take a photo of it, but it looks like this:

<-|->

Any idea?
It does NOT light up with ignition test and in past 5 years I've never seen it before. It is also NOT listed in user manual.
But I do have all LED lamps. Maybe related?

labsy

Re: Weird double arrow green dash light

Postby labsy » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:31 am

Well, I think I might figured it out.
The only indicator lamp, which is mentioned in user's manual, but NOT shown, is trailer lamps indicator, which lights up, when extra current is pulled out of trailer socket. In my case I have extra pair of LED turn signals, and with existing turn signals converted to LED (with extra resistor to prevent hyper flashing) all together might pose some extra load to the system. It looks like with extreme temperatures these days (37 deg. C/almost 100 F) board computer might detect this extra load and think trailer is connected.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:01 am

It is strange that a dash light would not be mentioned in the owners' manual.

Does the light come on when you connect a trailer plug? Maybe it's a trailer indicator like below (from www.dashboardsymbols.com):
Screenshot_20210711-104657.jpg
I don't see this lights on my 2012 dashboard anywhere, and nothing lights up when I have the trailer connected.

labsy

Postby labsy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:15 am

Nope, it's not like those you mentioned. But fortunatelly I caught it as it was blinking with left indicator in the middle of crossroads. But even then it was not one EVERY blinker ON, but on every 2nd or 3rd blink.
I do not have a trailer to test, whether it lits up when I connect trailer lights actually.

I also see it is NOt vertical line inbetween, but NUMBER 1:

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:43 am

Weird, does the dealer have any ideas as to what it could be. I don't even think I have a space for that light.

mrkaras

Postby mrkaras » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:16 am

is the vehicle automatic? it looks like some sort of gear indicator, although then I don't know why it wouldn't be consistent.

Return to “R51 Electrical”