B25 Silverton Blue

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ShipFixer

B25 Silverton Blue

Postby ShipFixer » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Just dropping a note here for other owners of the best blue! Some time in the past, Nissan re-used the B25 code for Granite Metallic. So more and more when you order corrective paint, whether pens or bottles, you get a dark metallic gray instead of blue. This is true of both Nissan pens and other makers.

I just ordered B25 from two sources, and the test spots are really close fits for Silverton Blue:

http://scratcheshappen.com

http://automotivetouchup.com

I was down to one Nissan touch up pen that was actually blue and have a lot of spots in the dreaded rain channels to fix plus some dings and one rust bubble under a roof rail mounting point, so these were good finds.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: B25 Silverton Blue

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:32 am

Thanks for posting this.
Important to research when ordering colors and prevent disappointments! :D

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 am

Yes this is my B25!

Good to know for future! Appreciate it.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:58 pm

So Automotive Touchup is the one we all want. No, this is not a great paint job, but when I saw how far the deterioration had gone I needed to do something soon. I chipped and sanded away broken/unattached paint, primed over anything where the base coat was gone, and clear coated most of everything. But check out the color match:

It matches really well even in sunlight. Better than the Nissan touch up pens I've used in the past, actually.

They also have high end spray paint cans for primer, base coat, and clear coat, as well as cans of urethane clear coat if you have a respirator set up at home for ultimate toughness. New school spray cans (not Autozone stuff) are reeeeaaaally good if you haven't tried them lately. I recently restored my 2002 Honda VFR with hard-to-match red from a similar company...had to paint several pieces as you can no longer buy new. Red is exceptionally difficult to match but you can't tell on my bike unless you are up close, and even then I might have to tell you which parts are new and which were sprayed by can (and wetsanded, polished, etc. of course after a week plus of curing).

The front fender here is a repaint:

And the corner piece here just ahead of the brake lever. (The obvious dimple mark is from clutch fluid dripping I hadn't fixed yet...whoops. But not a paint defect.) The other two fairing pieces are new out of the box from Honda (first day in sunlight, so unfaded):

Some thoughts for future paint repair. Spray cans can be great and it's pretty amazing we can get them in B25 :-D I have a big ding on my right rear fender I plan on filling then spraying sometime soon.

And then...I have this idea about spraying my whole back up VFR body kit and fuel tank in B25 Silverton Blue, so my bike and truck will be matchy-matchy..

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:18 pm

Thanks for the find. Really helpful because all of us at one point will have to touch up our vehicles. Also, like you said...color match is excellent. I can't even tell. Well done!

0856Beater

Postby 0856Beater » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:50 am

This code is also on my Pathfinder. Shopping for touch up paint shows the Granite Metallic, Green Blue Pearl, and Silverton Blue.

Just going to slowly paint this thing with black undercoat all over starting with those rain gutters.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:29 pm

Automotive Touchup will come out correct when you brush it on, or spray with a large enough nozzle (auto spray gun, or at least 0.50mm air brush needle). The other brands I've tried are slightly off. They label it blue green metallic or something but it dries as B25.

They sell everything from pens to large cans for a full auto booth, and a 2K poly clear that will go with it if you want to go 100%.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”