Trouble Finding Interior Parts

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

dmasini

Trouble Finding Interior Parts

Postby dmasini » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 am

After almost 15 years of ownership I'm noticing some little things starting to break but I'm having a hard time finding replacements. Can anyone recommend a website for interior pieces? The plastic latch broke on my center console armrest and I'm wondering if I have to buy another armrest or if I can just buy the clip. Hoping just the clip because I have no cracks in the leather on this thing. Or get a crappy armrest and take it apart.

TooMuchControl

Re: Trouble Finding Interior Parts

Postby TooMuchControl » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 am

Have a look at Car-part.com

I'm fortunate to have 3-4 pic-n-save places within an hour's drive. I grabbed an new-er cover (mine was cracked) for $10.

If you want new, I always look at Nissanpartsdeal.com to see what the prices for parts look like comparatively?

I'm surprised you use that armrest. I haven't "seen" mine for a couple of years...
One of the best adds I have on my truck, I consider, is the foam armrest cushion I bought on Amazon.
Everyone that's has driven or ridden on the front remarked what a different in comfort it brings.

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:16 pm

TooMuchControl wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 am
Have a look at Car-part.com

I'm fortunate to have 3-4 pic-n-save places within an hour's drive. I grabbed an new-er cover (mine was cracked) for $10.

If you want new, I always look at Nissanpartsdeal.com to see what the prices for parts look like comparatively?

I'm surprised you use that armrest. I haven't "seen" mine for a couple of years...
One of the best adds I have on my truck, I consider, is the foam armrest cushion I bought on Amazon.
Everyone that's has driven or ridden on the front remarked what a different in comfort it brings.
Appreciate it! Found some options on Car-part and sent out a request. We used to have a pick-n-pull close by but it closed up.

You know, funny you say that about the armrest. One of the things I love about the Pathy is the roominess and the way my arms rest when I drive. I'm a tall guy so I think it's the perfect height for me. I always use it and I'm surprised it hasn't cracked.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:48 pm

I have also had some real good luck with ebay too, time and again.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:23 pm

This thread has the part numbers you need, they don't show up in the diagrams.

center-console-tsb-t682-15.html

You can now buy the latch separately. I bought two a while ago...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:16 am

The console latch per the TSB is expensive and not all of the colors are still available. IIRC, I think they wanted close to $30 for the part and I ordered the one for "K" trim and it was no longer available. That said, it's not a real visible part so I don't think the color of the latch really matters that much.

Return to “R51 General Chat”