Frontier Rock Sliders/Side Steps

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

PF Flyer

Frontier Rock Sliders/Side Steps

Postby PF Flyer » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Anyone tried to fit Frontier side steps/Sliders on an R51? Ive heard of Frontier guys putting Pathfinder rails on, so I am assuming the mounting points are the same. Sliders for frontiers are a bit cheaper.

I would like them gone altogether but like having the steps for the RTT and convenience. Just wanting something not plastic and more of a rock slider/slimmer option.

TIA!

silverarrow27

Re: Frontier Rock Sliders/Side Steps

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:13 am

I've actually been wondering about that myself. I suspect if you get one for a Frontier, we'd have to go with the crew cab long bed version? I don't know of anyone with a 2nd gen Frontier near me though to get measurements.

PF Flyer

Postby PF Flyer » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:55 am

silverarrow27 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:13 am
I've actually been wondering about that myself. I suspect if you get one for a Frontier, we'd have to go with the crew cab long bed version? I don't know of anyone with a 2nd gen Frontier near me though to get measurements.
I guess Ill do more digging. If I had more time, I would build a master list of everything the the Pathfinder is compatible with that the Frontier has. There seems to be many aftermarket parts you can get for the Frontier that fit the Pathy, but is never listed as such.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:32 pm

That'd be a great idea. I ended up creating a "master list" that is now stickied at the top in the general section here for businesses that has Pathfinder mods. The more info that makes it easier for Pathfinder owners to find, the easier to fix or modify our vehicles in a timely manner. Also makes the R51 platform a little more welcoming in terms of plentiful and helpful information available for the daily drivers to the overlanders and off roaders.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:59 pm

Are you stuck on OEM? Cause when I Google around I find plenty of options for new step rails for the Pathfinder. If they really need to be rock sliders, well, that's a different creature.

In the long long ago, plenty of forum members tried running without step rails. But then the bottom of the frame is visible in kind of a sucky way. A lot of the aftermarket ones are generic rails with mounting points fitted to the Pathfinder's length. They don't completely obscure the frame view but they may be an upgrade.

My plastic originals are still serviceable but I look at replacing them every now and then. Last effort with Cerakote plastic trim wipes sure does seem to be a good solution.

Return to “R51 General Chat”