2008 pathfinder acelleration issues

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

ynot3373

2008 pathfinder acelleration issues

Postby ynot3373 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:00 pm

my 08 pf wont accelerate. when i try it shudders badly. the revs go up but theres no acceleration. there is no check engine light but it did read a few codes i seem to have since lost. it seems to idle mostly fine. the paper i got from autozone said something about random misfires with the probable solution being to replace the coil packs, something to do with catalyst inefficiency or something like that, and i think there was also an abs code as well. i am at wits end and getting conflicting opinions on the issue/solution. some seem to think the timing chain is the main issue others the fuel delivery system and even the fuel itself which i admit does have a bad smell when revving the engine. id really appreciate the input.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: 2008 pathfinder acelleration issues

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:30 pm

hello,

welcome to Thenissanpath! :D
What codes did you get exactly?
Our experts will need that info, can you get them pulled again if u lost them?

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:43 pm

If it revs then it doesn't sound like an engine problem at all, more like the tranny. When the R51 trannies go "limp" they stick in 3rd gear, but the engine wouldn't start if the TCM was dead (no PNP signal). So it can't just be the tranny fuse. Palmer is right, you'll need to get us some codes from a transmission-capable scanner.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:35 am

If your exhaust smells like rotten eggs or something nasty, untypical of normal exhaust fumes, then you have catalytic converter issues too which may or may not be related to your misfire issues. You definitely need to pull those codes though. OBD2 readers are cheap nowadays, go buy one if you have to. Even the Harbor Freight ones will do.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”