Issue with Passenger front power window

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

mpilihp

Re: Issue with Passenger front power window

Postby mpilihp » Mon May 23, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi so thanks for your help. Unfortunately my mechanic I mentioned earlier who assisted me in installing the electric trailer brake setup screwed me.

So the wiring connector FROM the door for the electric window was plugged into the trailer wiring addon pigtail with relays on it! Yes it went no where other than that. Due to being winter we hadn't used the window in a while and I've been poking at trying to figure the issue out on my own slowly.

I was shocked to pull the passenger side kickplate off and find the connector from the door plugged into the trailer ebrake wiring/relay pigtail. Unplugged it from the pigtail and found and connected it to the connector on the car wiring harness and bang the window is now working.

I hope I can return the regulator/motor setup I ordered, Ill keep the switch as that was from Ebay and past the time to return it.

Again thanks for the help! Ill be posting a thread on how to hook up the ebrakes on this rig since that was a fail. I had tried it and it didn't work but wasn't an urgent thing so forgot about it.

Phil

VStar650CL

Re: Issue with Passenger front power window

Postby VStar650CL » Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 pm

You should find the pigtail for the trailer relay harness taped back to the harness, probably a bit further down than the branch that goes to the door. They're often out of sight on the back side.

Return to “R51 Electrical”