Sunroof Wind/Noise

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Parker

Sunroof Wind/Noise

Postby Parker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:39 am

Contemplating a sunroof... how's the noise/wind in the front seats with the stock roofs?

Npath

Re: Sunroof Wind/Noise

Postby Npath » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Parker wrote:Contemplating a sunroof... how's the noise/wind in the front seats with the stock roofs?
there's noise, but nothing to complain about when driving in the city.

As for wind, don't feel any whatsoever, but it does release the heat pretty quick. The second row passengers can feel the wind, don't know bout the 3rd row... probably does get back there.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Sunroof Wind/Noise

Postby NVSteve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:14 am

Parker wrote:Contemplating a sunroof... how's the noise/wind in the front seats with the stock roofs?
Annoying enough that I've been contemplating the wind deflector since day one. I just don't want to deal with cleaning all the snow out of it in winter before it freezes into a big mass of ice.

Parker

Wind Deflector

Postby Parker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:04 am

A wind defelctor as an accessory for the Sunroof or are you talking about the hood?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Wind Deflector

Postby NVSteve » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 am

Parker wrote:A wind defelctor as an accessory for the Sunroof or are you talking about the hood?
Sunroof.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 am

the sunroof deflector is easy to install and remove in winter. night and day difference with noise.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 am

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:the sunroof deflector is easy to install and remove in winter. night and day difference with noise.
It isn't easy to remove if it was installed correctly. Even if only that sticky tape is used, it would be a pain having to remove all of that/clean it up at the change of season. If I install one, I'd probably run a bead of silicone as well, so it would be there somewhat permanently.

coatseast

Postby coatseast » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:04 am

NVSteve wrote:
JAHBLESSINGS wrote:the sunroof deflector is easy to install and remove in winter. night and day difference with noise.
It isn't easy to remove if it was installed correctly. Even if only that sticky tape is used, it would be a pain having to remove all of that/clean it up at the change of season. If I install one, I'd probably run a bead of silicone as well, so it would be there somewhat permanently.
Mine broke. Nissan Dealers no longer sell this part (discontinued). Found an OEM one on eBay so got lucky. Weathertech sells one as well but I went OEM

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”