TSwapping My 2012 Pathfinder

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

SlaywareWantsTSwap

TSwapping My 2012 Pathfinder

Postby SlaywareWantsTSwap » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Hey all, I’ve already modified my pathfinder a fair bit ( not suspension wise) and am glad that I’ll be able to share it with you all soon.

My next thing in mind though is doing a front-end minimal Titan Swap. I’m currently on stock suspension and I’m now wondering what all I need for the TSwap. I know most of you will point me to Code Pathfinders videos, but I’m doing it without the rough country lift, so some new obstacles come into play. First of all, do I need to drop my differential? I plan on doing the RC Forged 3” Titan UCAs and stock Titan LCAs, then tie rod extensions, and the QX60 axles. All dogs offroad says I should be getting about 3-4” of lift which is perfect but I am worried about diff angles.

Another thing, instead of getting lifted shocks, could I keep my stock shocks and use a 3” strut spacer instead to makeup for the new droop?

I know this all sounds sketchy but I’m 16 and on a budget :D

Thanks you all in advance!

silverarrow27

Re: TSwapping My 2012 Pathfinder

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:13 pm

First of all, welcome to this awesome forum where you can get your questions usually answered and it'll be here forever for anyone else to be able to search for way far into the future unlike other social media platforms.

All Dogs Offroad's website actually has the best information which is easy and simple to understand out of all resources I've come upon:

https://www.alldogsoffroad.com/alldogs- ... swap-guide

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a "minimal Titan/Armada swap" though. Won't be any point of doing this if you won't be spending the coin to get some Titan-swap coilovers. You'll get more "bang for the buck if you run suspension spacers if all you want is the lifted look. As well as the rear subframe drop bracket. Then a body lift. You don't have to worry about diff angles.

Sounds like you have put a lot of research into what you need, which is fantastic, now it just depends on the why you want to do the Titan swap? Performance or looks?

For the front, you'll need Titan swap specific coilovers. For the rear, you'll want lift springs with a shock made for lifts to go with it. Using spacers will just kill whatever travel/droop you just spent all the time and money on. With stock suspension, it's not recommended to go past a half inch spacer anyway. Anything more than that and your driveability suffers the thicker you go with spacers.

I'm fairly new to the R51 myself, so I may be speaking out of my rear end here though so someone else that has more knowledge can correct any misinformation I gave out :P

SlaywareWantsTSwap

Postby SlaywareWantsTSwap » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:08 am

Thank you man!

I know it’s way better to save up and do all of it but I'm strictly going for looks and could honestly care less if it drives like a log lmao, the reason I thought about the TSWAP is because I get 3” of wheel poke in the front, which ill match the rear with spacers. It also gives me the 3-4” of lift I’m looking for while keeping my angles decent. I was originally going to run a 3” level kit in the front but I know I’ll get coil-bucket-contact and I’m scared about that UCA angle. So even though it would ride like a train, could I not technically keep stock shocks in the front and use my 3” level kit to makeup for the droop? Take out the ride quality or ability to off-roading use, would I be able to do that and not break anything?

And yes I’ll be using a subframe drop lift in the rear to even it out, with Armada rear shocks.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:23 am

Titan swap will work with just the coilovers and a spacer but the height you are wanting it might make sense to find titan swap length coilovers or build your own ( tundra struts, 4runner coils, Pathy top hat.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:40 am

If you're strictly going for looks, stick with a leveling kit, wheel spacers, and SPC ucas for now.

I know there's been a few guys that have modified coilovers to make it work with a Titan swap. However, as to what extent of the modifications were needed to make it work is unknown though. There was a gentleman trying to sell his coilovers that he modified for a Titan swap a few months ago on clubfrontier. Just says a 1/2" spacer was added and internal spacer removed? However the seller didn't post a picture of his Frontier with it installed to see how tall his truck sat with the coilovers though.

https://www.clubfrontier.org/threads/fs ... st-4008214

SlaywareWantsTSwap

Postby SlaywareWantsTSwap » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:24 pm

Yeah I was going to run that path, but I just want to know if I can run the RC Titan Uppers, OEM Titan Lowers, Qx60 Axles, Tie Rod Extensions, and a 3” Level Puck. Even if it rides like a log, could I technically do this and not tear anything up after hitting a pot-hole? Stock shocks and everything, just only using the 3” puck to compensate for all the new droop I’d be getting from the Titan Upper and Lowers.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:33 am

I think it should work. Seems you have most of the parts list ready. I think you will have to extend the brake lines and abs a bit. Instead of buying longer braided lines you can just unbolt the lines and straighten out the solid line CAREFULLY and its an easy cheap way to extend them. I had to do all 4 on my just for being cheap.

SlaywareWantsTSwap

Postby SlaywareWantsTSwap » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:28 pm

Thank you all! This is one of those things you can’t just google and find an answer, so this is really helpful! I’ll keep you all posted on how it goes!

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”