Something rolling around the back area

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Limey

Something rolling around the back area

Postby Limey » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 am

I can hear a noise that sounds like an object rolling and moving around the rear area of the truck. Originally I thought it was the tailgate but I’m not so sure now.
I can hear more at around 40mph, are there any areas I can check ? Maybe a clip broke and fell inside the tailgate striker area ? I removed all trim from tailgate and bottom area.

donaldpath

Re: Something rolling around the back area

Postby donaldpath » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 am

This might not apply - but do you have kids that might climb in the back and play? or sit in the back?

Sometimes they leave toys or something in the cupholder, or storage bins, and it rolls around as the truck moves :) Just a thought.

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 am

donaldpath wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 am
This might not apply - but do you have kids that might climb in the back and play? or sit in the back?

Sometimes they leave toys or something in the cupholder, or storage bins, and it rolls around as the truck moves :) Just a thought.
Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children. :P

Limey

Postby Limey » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:47 am

donaldpath wrote:

No kids. The seats 2nd and 3rd row are all folded down.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Limey wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:47 am
donaldpath wrote:

No kids. The seats 2nd and 3rd row are all folded down.
Have you looked under the rear flap where the tools are kept?

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”