No Start horn blowing and lights flashing

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Jbaz

No Start horn blowing and lights flashing

Postby Jbaz » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:47 pm

2006 Pathfinder, battery charged and original key being used.
So I went to start my car and the starter gave me one click then everything went dead. No matter how many times I tried to crank it it just wouldn't start. I would see a faint flash of the car/key icon but that was it. I figured it might be the battery fuse since it was running fine while doing errands this morning. I ran down to the auto parts store and picked up a new one I came back disconnnected everything installed the new fuse and as soon as I touched the ground to the battery the horn started blowing and the lights flashed. I use the fob figuring it had something to do with the panic function but it wouldn't shut off. I tried starting the car with the key but no joy although all the dash lights were back but no crank. I disconnected the battery and read everything I could about resetting the immobilizer but nothing worked. I did manage to get the horn to stop blowing by holding the panic button for 5 seconds then pressing the lock button twice. everytime I try to unlock the vehicle with either the key or the fob the horn blows and the lights flash and still no crank. I have disconnected the battery and waited 1/2 hour thinking it would reboot, but as soon as the battery cables go back the process begins all over again. Has anyone experienced this situation and have a resolution. I'd hate to go to the stealership but it looks like that is where my path is heading. Any assistance would be appreciated.

VStar650CL

Re: No Start horn blowing and lights flashing

Postby VStar650CL » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:14 pm

The only thing that shuts down an active alarm state is the driver's door cylinder turned to the "unlock" position. If that doesn't shut it off then you probably have a bad cylinder switch in the lock assembly, that's very common on R52's.

marryjoy6374

Postby marryjoy6374 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:16 am

I'm facing the exact same situation as you, please let me know how you handled it
heardle

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:56 am

marryjoy6374 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:16 am
I'm facing the exact same situation as you, please let me know how you handled it
heardle
Try unlocking the car with the driver's door cylinder. If that doesn't kill the alarm then the switch is probably shot and you need a new lock assembly.

Just realized I typo'd on that previous post, should have read "R51's". R52's can have the problem too, but it isn't as common in Nissans from '13 up as it was in the older designs.

Return to “R51 Electrical”