Front door lock

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

salob

Front door lock

Postby salob » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:57 am

High all
I'm having to replace the actuator , lock for my driver's side door. I've seen videos online on how to remove the door handle but just can't get it out! So doesn't anyone know the steps involved in replacing the door lock for the front door? Back doors were easy but I assume you have to get the handle out to get at the plastic mount behind it. So I need to remove the window glass? The cables are so far up in to the door that it has to be impossible to install them without the outside door handle mechanism being removed. Anyone done this?

VStar650CL

Re: Front door lock

Postby VStar650CL » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:53 am

Nissan commonly makes the outside-handle cable part of the lock assembly, and changing it the "right" way does require removing the handle. However, if the existing cable is in good shape, you can "cheat" on most of them by popping the cables loose from the new and old units and reconnecting the existing cable to the new lock. Getting the cable loose generally just requires a sharp pick (a leatherwork awl works well), a flat screwdriver, and a needlenose pliers to pinch the pawls on the cable-ends.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”