Nissan Xterra Coming Back

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

TooMuchControl

Nissan Xterra Coming Back

Postby TooMuchControl » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:48 pm

Seeing some whispers that Nissan is bringing back a body on frame SUV, using the Xterra nameplate.

This would be an excellent competitor for the market. I trust the will put some type of hybrid and non CVT choices in it.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Nissan Xterra Coming Back

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:52 pm

i heard that too.
But I am holding my tongue until we get something more concrete.
Certainly it would be easy for Nissan to make one, just do a SUV version of the new Frontier.

I was always disappointed when they discontinued it but I do still own one side-by-side with my Pathfinder
If the rendering is to be believed it may be more in size like a R51...

But we had rumors of a new Xterra coming for years now. And it was always "next year"

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:20 pm

Anyone else heard anything more?
it might be the spiritual succcessor to the R51 who knows?

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:33 am

No, knowing Nissan though. They're always late to the party with a half-ass product and then they blame consumers that no one wanted "it" so they discontinued after 5 years. If in fact true, they really need to step up their game and go after the Bronco.

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:09 am

Have y'all noticed the new Ariya isn't even out yet? That was supposed to be last spring, then fall, then...

Same old supply chain, chips and plastic. It's getting worse and not better. The supplier for the primary chip I use in my widget side-business is only running die for it once a year, so around March or so I'll be paying $2+ for a chip I used to buy for $1.05, and I'll have to order 600~800 pieces on 3-month's lead to assure next year's supply. I guess the lesson for next time is to vote for somebody who gives a crap, but for right now Nissan can't even get their existing new models like the Ariya and Z out the door. So I wouldn't hold your breath for anything else new and improved.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:44 am

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:09 am
Have y'all noticed the new Ariya isn't even out yet? That was supposed to be last spring, then fall, then...

Same old supply chain, chips and plastic. It's getting worse and not better. The supplier for the primary chip I use in my widget side-business is only running die for it once a year, so around March or so I'll be paying $2+ for a chip I used to buy for $1.05, and I'll have to order 600~800 pieces on 3-month's lead to assure next year's supply. I guess the lesson for next time is to vote for somebody who gives a crap, but for right now Nissan can't even get their existing new models like the Ariya and Z out the door. So I wouldn't hold your breath for anything else new and improved.
Sad to hear it.
I really had my hopes up..

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:19 pm

That's depressing news. Will have to wait and wonder.

I wonder why Toyota has been delaying the new Tacoma and 4Runner as well...still making tons of money on the old models.

It's interesting. I checked my local Nissan Dealer online inventory of new cars - it stands at 3 vehicles.
I was there yesterday picking up a part and the lot was empty. And no foot traffic.

I do see a number of 2023 Honda CRVs flying around daily, but they are built up near me, in Alliston.

Hopefully things improve, but this is a generation that purchases things sight unseen, and willing to pay through the roof for it.

Return to “R51 General Chat”