Accelerator linkage SAWP

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jetstream87

Accelerator linkage SAWP

Postby jetstream87 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:14 pm

Well when life comes at you it comes at you hard!
Patient: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE
This week I realize that the gas pedal on the car was a bit weak. Only little room to accelerate and was thinking it was the pedal. Well today I parked the car at work and everything was fine. Came to notice that when I turned on the car - it accelerated high revs in which I was wonder what it was.
Upon inspecting it - I saw that the accelerator linkage cable had some split threaded wires by the fire wall that did not allowed the cable to fully return to have the throttle body close completely.
I just order the part, looking for some guidance on how can I swap this part out? I cannot wrap my head on how to get the end of the cable through the pedal hole?

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/n ... 0w000.html

mdmellott

Re: Accelerator linkage SAWP

Postby mdmellott » Fri May 12, 2023 8:59 pm

My '02 pedal lever assembly is very similar to your '97. It's a very simple connection at the end of the pedal lever. There is no hole. It's a fork of sorts that allows you to drop the cable right into the fork opening and then pull lug at the end of the cable into the fork to secure it in place. I found a picture of your '97 pedal lever assembly. I hope this helps.
Attachments
Pedal Lever Assembly.JPG
Pedal Lever Assembly.JPG (12.17 KiB) Viewed 1628 times

jetstream87

Re: Accelerator linkage SAWP

Postby jetstream87 » Fri May 12, 2023 11:39 pm

Thanks for the diagram, now I see that I have to pull towards me the cable and unhook it.
I found the part on Amazon which it gets to me faster than Nissan Parts site.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”