Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Moderator: palmerwmd

Homer J

Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby Homer J » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:31 pm

As the title says…and the wife is already complaining that the passenger seat sits too low. It’s a manual seat.

Has anyone added spacers to the mounts to raise it up any? I’m thinking it shouldn’t be too difficult to add about one to one and a half inches between the seat tracks and the seat. Maybe some aluminum blocks and slightly longer bolts. Grade 8 of course.

VStar650CL

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby VStar650CL » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:22 pm

You'll have to space it up from the floor to the track, the tracks are an assembly and you'll trash the OCS (occupant detection) system if you try to disassemble them. IIRC the mounts are flat to the floor and not angled, so you shouldn't have any issues putting a cylindrical spacer under each corner.

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:15 am

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:22 pm
You'll have to space it up from the floor to the track, the tracks are an assembly and you'll trash the OCS (occupant detection) system if you try to disassemble them. IIRC the mounts are flat to the floor and not angled, so you shouldn't have any issues putting a cylindrical spacer under each corner.
Good to know, thanks.

I rode in the passenger side last night. It is really low. Found a post on another Nissan forum from 2021 talking about the same issue. They recommended a set of spacers available on Amazon, which I ordered. I'll update how it works.

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:17 am

I got the spacers installed. Ended up going with 1 1/4". The wife is much happier with the seat position now. The only modifications I had to do was cut a couple of small sections of the floor mat where it meets the front supports of the seat. This was mainly because the trip pieces that cover the bolts now must sit on top of the mat, instead of under it.

Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:49 pm

Glad it worked out for you!

Other than the seat how do you like your new Pathfinder?
The Rock Creek seems to offer alot for the money IMHO. 8)

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:32 pm

I really like it. There are some things I feel that should be standard equipment that it is missing. No auto-dim rear view mirror, no wireless charging pad, no two position memory on the drivers seat, no power lift hatch. Simple things that would make it so much nicer.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:10 am

Homer J wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:32 pm
I really like it. There are some things I feel that should be standard equipment that it is missing. No auto-dim rear view mirror, no wireless charging pad, no two position memory on the drivers seat, no power lift hatch. Simple things that would make it so much nicer.
Have you taken it on any big trips yet? :)

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:08 pm

palmerwmd wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:10 am

Not yet. We’re only at 3500 miles. I’m anxious to road-trip it though.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:03 pm

Homer J wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:08 pm
palmerwmd wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:10 am

Not yet. We’re only at 3500 miles. I’m anxious to road-trip it though.
I just did a 2500 mile roadtrip in my Pathy but I also own a nearly brand new Nissan I could have taken but did not since i didnt want to put so many miles on a brand new vehicle

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:27 pm

Took the Rock Creek to northwestern PA on Thursday. About an hour outside our destination, this happened.

The culprit. She fell asleep at the wheel.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:48 pm

Homer J wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:27 pm
Took the Rock Creek to northwestern PA on Thursday. About an hour outside our destination, this happened.

The culprit. She fell asleep at the wheel.

OMG!!!! :x

Are you alright?
Looks like the other vehicle got the worst of the exchange even though it was engine vs rear.
Just goes to show how well these pathfinders are made.

Please keep us posted what the outcome is.
if you get it fixed work with their insurance to get a diminished value check.

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:13 am

We're both fine. The wife got a tiny bump on her head. She was reading on her tablet and smacked herself in the forehead with it. The impact bent both front seats back too.

Still waiting on an estimate from the body shop. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since it happened, and they haven't got it in yet. Didn't help that we were fighting with the insurance company to get the vehicle towed back to our local body shop for estimate and possible repair. They pretty much refused. Said it wasn't a reasonable distance. So, now we're stuck with working with a shop that is over 300 miles away from home.

At this point, I almost want them to total it so I can pick up a 2024. Either way, I have a feeling we're going to come out on the losing end. Now my insurance is telling me they will only pay for my rental until Friday, so now I have to see if the other driver's insurance company will pony up.

Auto insurance is such a scam.

What really hurts is, we just made the first payment on the Pathy, and she only has 4000 miles.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:02 pm

Homer J wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:13 am
We're both fine. The wife got a tiny bump on her head. She was reading on her tablet and smacked herself in the forehead with it. The impact bent both front seats back too.

Still waiting on an estimate from the body shop. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since it happened, and they haven't got it in yet. Didn't help that we were fighting with the insurance company to get the vehicle towed back to our local body shop for estimate and possible repair. They pretty much refused. Said it wasn't a reasonable distance. So, now we're stuck with working with a shop that is over 300 miles away from home.

At this point, I almost want them to total it so I can pick up a 2024. Either way, I have a feeling we're going to come out on the losing end. Now my insurance is telling me they will only pay for my rental until Friday, so now I have to see if the other driver's insurance company will pony up.

Auto insurance is such a scam.

What really hurts is, we just made the first payment on the Pathy, and she only has 4000 miles.
Sounds like the other driver was blatantly at fault so their insurance company needs to pay for everything.
I doubt they will totoal it since it has so much book value.
You might still come out ahead if you insists on a check for diminished value

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:05 am

palmerwmd wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:02 pm
I dunno, Palmer, I'd suspect that's worse than it looks. It will depend on how much damage there is to the structure underneath the left rear quarter trim. Pulling out and repairing a damaged quarter can run $10K+ all by itself.

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:31 am

palmerwmd wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:02 pm

Sounds like the other driver was blatantly at fault so their insurance company needs to pay for everything.
You might still come out ahead if you insists on a check for diminished value
Unfortunately, the PA required minimum coverage for property damage is $5000. That’s why I have Uninsured/Under insured coverage on my policy.

Happy Turkey Day!

Return to “2022+ Pathfinder (R53)”